Tampico, the small but mighty beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All! I just felt like uploading some pics of my little Tampico, or "Tampi" as I like to call her. I never did a formal introduction on this site, but have posted and given advice to some newbies, so I thought I'd post some photos of Tampi in her year and 8 month phase. Haha She is currently getting to go through brumation. Boooo!!! Buuuut what can I do. She's a happy healthy little thing, and that's all that matters.

So here are some pictures of Miss Tampico....
Enjoying a car ride
101206-815325794.jpg

Showing off her sexy leg skills
101206-518064560.jpg

Hiding in her new favorite cave
101206-6415366009.jpg

Enjoying some outside interaction on her leash
101206-5337923174.jpg

Just chillin on her branch in all her small, but mighty, glory
101206-8585524140.jpg

And finally...enjoying the window while she watches momma cook
101206-1240296662.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!!! :D

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
In answer to what is probably a common question voiced daily by many members of this board, "Who's a pretty beardie", I hereby declare 'Tampico' or 'Tampi' to be valid responses. :D :lol:

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Awww....Gee thanks! :) Then I'm sure it would also be followed up with, "Yes you are...yes you are a pretty beardie." Haha :blob8:

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ah! I dont know how I missed this!
Talk about being late to the party LOL.

I love the pics! I love your setup too.
Is Tampi still sleeping?

-Brandon

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":2ugt5ppw said:
Ah! I dont know how I missed this!
Talk about being late to the party LOL.

I love the pics! I love your setup too.
Is Tampi still sleeping?

-Brandon

Hahaha Well thank you for the compliments!

She isn't 100% sleeping, but still being a lazy bug most of the time and shuts her eyes fairly often to try and sleep and periodically gets woken up by the dogs playing in the house. I try to take her out of the tank as much as I can and I also bring her with me whenever I visit my family which is usually every week. Here she is enjoying the view from the doggy seat on the way to dad's yesterday. Haha :blob5:
101206-5563023807.jpg

Vanessa

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Tampico as of September 22, 2019....
14.5 inches and 422 grams
Almost 2 years old and still has the biggest personality and still loves to wonder and discover the house.

Modeling for Mom as the sun sets perfectly on her.
101206-3356355764.jpg

Still running the house, even though the dogs are much bigger than her. They will never be my little Tampico!
101206-2724952223.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wow shes 100g more than Tombo lol! Is the 14 inches accurate?
Oh oops I see shes missing a bit of her tail!

She looks like she likes that window haha.

-Brandon

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Haha yeah, it's accurate. I measured her from head to tail right before I posted. Her tail has been missing since the day I got her. Doesn't stop her though! Haha She's just a petite little thing.

She totally loves that window...any window that's open really.. That she can try to climb up. Haha But I think that one the most because she gets to watch me cook and wonder what the human is doing. Lol

Vanessa

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Original Poster
My little sleep head here. She's ready to go down and sleep for hours on end. You can just see it in her face! Haha
101206-914612250.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Aw that's a cute picture.
I have a soft spot for blanket snuggle pictures lol. Tampico definitely looks cozy there!

-Brandon

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Original Poster
She's going in and out of sleep. Closing her eyes and then waking up looking at all of us like what are you doing here?! Haha

Unrelated to her sleeping... Going to my first reptile expo tomorrow! So excited! Haha

Vanessa

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Lucky, I wish I was going to the sacramento show. I have to work tomorrow though :(

Find me an ornate Uro! LOL

-Brandon

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Annnnd my mighty little queen is officially in brumation and is out for the count. *Sigh* Hopefully she'll wake up before her 2nd birthday, December 14th!!!!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How did the reptile show go?

Darnit Tampico, this is no time to sleep!
Well I hope she's only down for a bit.

-Brandon

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Original Poster
She looks so damn peaceful and I am very envious of her. Haha

The reptile show was cool. They mostly had snakes and geckos, barely any beardies and most of the vendors looked the same. We did pet a smallish alligator though and that was pretty awesome. Lol I wanted to buy a beardie so bad, but we just don't have the room for any more. Maybe one day! :blob8:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom