Question about chillin with Pogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mwcrf450r

So Sunday I brought little Pogo home, I believe he has transitioned very well! I hold him everyday and Wednesday I felt he was comfortable enough to give him his first bath and that went well. (Was going to give him a bath today but fed him before I remembered and was worried that might now be good for digestion?) But my main worry is I live in Maine. So by now its cooled down and heats on, the in indoor temp is around 70+/- and as hes so small I can feel him cool down to the touch after several minutes. I know 65 is acceptable during sleeping conditions but how long can he handle 70 during social time? Once hes on me he lays right down and chills without trying to run away but I worry that's him just trying to rob body heat as I'm freezing him ?
106123-7065175846.jpg
I'm worried he does this cuz hes too cold.. that face though!! ☺️

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They do pretty well at room temps for a while. When they get too cold they tend to find a dark spot to curl up and nap. If you're holding him, your body will provide enough heat for him to be comfortable for a while. He will need higher temps and UVB exposure for digestion so for now I'd probably let him bask in his enclosure for at least a couple hours after meals. When he gets older and you're both more comfortable with him exploring the house a bit, you can set up portable basking lights outside of his tank so he can return to bask if you'd like. That works well if your house doesn't have other animals and you have a safe area for him to roam/explore. They like to spend time looking out the window too.

Mwcrf450r

Original Poster
Awesome! Thanks Coop. I never thought of basking spots for him! I do have other animals but I'm sure I can set up B.D. safe spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom