Best way to give water

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
IMO the best way to keep a pet bearded dragon hydrated is to give live insects that are gutloaded with FRESH leafy calcium rich greens and to offer fresh veg and salad daily.

If it's very hot dry weather, misting the dragon or dripping water on it's snout will help if it's thirsty , they will lick the water off their lips and snout.

Some dragons will drink when placed in luke warm water for a bathing session.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I usually recommend just using a plastic syringe or dropper & drip fluids onto his nose to see
if he will lick the water off of his nose. Most, if worked with will drink quite often like that, too.

Tracie

ksk810

My bearded dragon will not drink anything (that I've noticed), not in the bath or from his dish or when I mist him, so I started dipping his crickets in water. He loves them that way and it gives me peace of mind.

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Original Poster
ksk810":3tqeuk0v said:
My bearded dragon will not drink anything (that I've noticed), not in the bath or from his dish or when I mist him, so I started dipping his crickets in water. He loves them that way and it gives me peace of mind.
I forgot that that is a way to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom