New Disabled Rescue, Meet Mulder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
As the name says, I rescued another Disabled Beardie. I Picked him up last night, And according to the guy who owned him and had him for 2 years (don't worry he took good care of him from what I heard), His first owners when he was a baby used no lights at all and he developed MBD I believe at some point, and so because of that his Back legs seem to be locked up/paralyzed and he's got a pretty rubber bend in his arms, but the bones have hardened it seems.

According to the guy he thankfully can still move very well and has even bred twice (which ain't cool IMO for a disabled dragon to still be used as a breeder.) And he seems really healthy, apparently he eats great and gets around well, But I'll see if that is true soon.

That's what I could observe from watching him on the drive home. He's currently in a bin tub right now just for until I can clean out his 4x2x2 Tub and set it up. I only was able to snap a few photos last night before bed, I'll get some better ones once he's in the 4x2x2 tub.

But, Aside from all that he's a real sweetheart. So introducing: Mulder!
View media item 61017View media item 60820View media item 60856

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He looks pretty good overall! Hopefully the disabled legs don't hold him back too much. They're pretty good about getting around that sort of thing when they need to. =)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom