HELP ME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
HELP ME PLEASE
My 3 month old bearded dragon is hiding under his log & wont come out since I moved him to my room with my other bearded dragon, different tanks. I dunno whats wrong help me please.
I thought I was supposed to follow quarantine procedures? someone told me I dont have to.

Foxxy76

If the dragons can see eachother he may be scared. My big dragon is in the livingroom and our little dragon is in my bedroom. If I bring Nacho (little girl) out, she tries to run and hide unless she can't see Lazy (big guy). You can use a paper divider or a curtain to block sight of eachother.

And I would follow quarantine procedures. Even if they are in different cages tools, hands and bowls should be washed between each one. Better to be safe than sorry.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Foxxy is right, most beardies either become aggressive [ larger dragons ] or stressed [ large AND small dragons ] if they see another one suddenly. And yes, it's always good to use precautions with any new reptile concerning transmission of disease or parasites even if the animal seems healthy and the risk is low. Better safe than sorry.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hey, there's no big problem here with your dragons but you are very upset. If you really are then reach out to someone who can help you, are you dealing with some bad things in your life right now ? What's causing you such amount of pain ? . The beardies can be kept in the same room, we were just pointing out that you have to be careful with a new dragon. It's not that it can't be in the same room [ sorry if I mistakenly insinuated that ] but that you would still be careful about handling the new one + the one you already have without washing your hands . But your emotional health is more important right now. The beardie stuff s O.K, just be sure that you're O.K Don't do anything drastic, you'll be fine if you need some help you can talk to people right here via p.m. if you like but more importantly those who are close to you. People do care, please believe it.

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
I have severe mental health issues
I dunno what's causing all this pain I just got a job as a caregiver
& I been forced to take medication for 10 years.
Alotta pain

Nobody can help me
They just give me more meds

My health is declining rapidly I'm 26 years old & have the brain of a 70 year old

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Do you have any supportive friends ? BTW, this beardie problem is going to be O.K., you'll be taking good care of them. A new job as a caregiver is very demanding and it is a very, very honorable occupation. Are you close to a parent, sibling or friend ? You can p.m some of us here, we can talk. I'm really sorry you're going through this pain though. :(

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
I hope they will be okay.
Because that's all I wanted in life.
With all these health problems

I'm not really close to anyone.
I try to be
I'm close to my brother I can try to talk to him.
I can talk to my psychiatrist today but I'm not feeling like going.
I can talk to my counselor

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Your beardie's may go through a few ups + downs here and there but it sounds like you're taking good care of them. They will be O.K ! I'll send you a p.m.

Foxxy76

Things will be okay! The dragons will get sorted out but you need to take care of YOU, too. Caring for animals in general is alot of touch, go, reverse, try this and that. And they can be in the same room. I meant that bowls, hands, tools etc should be cleaned before going in the other dragon's tank. Or just not sharing any tools (like feeding tongs or water droppers) between tanks. Still wash hands. But things will be okay. I know when anxiety or depression gets ahold of us it can be hard to get out of it's grip. I'm speaking as a PTSD riddled army vet living in the body of a 70 year old. I'm only 32 but everything is falling apart inside and out. I joined a help group for vets on facebook to help me cope. Some of those groups are helpful, some are toxic. Don't let the toxic ones get you down. There's a post on there that says "rearrange depression and you get I pressed on". Just do what you can do. And thank you for asking for help. We're all happy to help! Give your scaley babies a hug. it can make you feel better. At least that works for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom