Dragon kicking like a dog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bratney

My beardie loves his swimming time and what not but while he's bathing and only when he's bathing he's been kind of scratching the back of his head like a dog would and I wonder if anyone has any answers to this??

Foxxy76

He could be trying to knock water off or away from his head. Lazy does this if he accidentally gets water up there. Try to make sure they don't get water in their nose holes. We don't want beardie pneumonia!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That is fairly common behavior for them. It could be that the water is giving them an odd sensation and the urge to scratch. It also sometimes happens when they are shedding and will kick at the shedding area to help loosen it.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree, my dragons do this often when they're in the water. They're just giving themselves the best scrub that a beardie possibly can. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom