Times of day of feeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So he would be able to eat the small super worms- see if your local pet smart or petco carry them- I pd $2 for a cup of 25 from dubiaroaches.com but they charge shipping so unless you buy other things like roaches and BSFL it would not be worth ordering the $2 cup-- I always order more stuff from them
Karrie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
BeardedDragonSteve":3lgpt9wh said:
kingofnobbys":3lgpt9wh said:
BeardedDragonSteve":3lgpt9wh said:
So my baby or juvie bearded dragon is about 4 to 5 months old but I dont really know. He does not want to eat in the morning but he eats at lunchtime and dinner why is that. Also how can you tell the age of the beardie

What time do you turn on the basking globe and the UV lighting ?

A cold reptile will not be interested in eating . Your dragon is not interested in eating in the morning likely because it's still cold and hasn't fully digested the food it ate "yesterday".

The solution is invest in a domestic inline light timer ( plug in )
https://www.bunnings.com.au/hpm-24-hour-double-pole-compact-timer_p0043491
, set the timer to switch the lights on maybe at 6am , offer food a couple of hours after LIGHTS ON , the dragon will be warm and hungry then.

I can't use that because its in Australia and I live in california USA
No problem, I'm betting if you go the mall or the nearest "big box" or hardware shop you'll find some that look identical only wired for USA power sockets , ask the sales staff what isle the 24 hr double pole compact timers are in , or just go to Amazon or Ebay.com.

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Original Poster
kingofnobbys":1yu6240x said:
BeardedDragonSteve":1yu6240x said:
kingofnobbys":1yu6240x said:
BeardedDragonSteve":1yu6240x said:
So my baby or juvie bearded dragon is about 4 to 5 months old but I dont really know. He does not want to eat in the morning but he eats at lunchtime and dinner why is that. Also how can you tell the age of the beardie

A cold reptile will not be interested in eating . Your dragon is not interested in eating in the morning likely because it's still cold and hasn't fully digested the food it ate "yesterday".

, set the timer to switch the lights on maybe at 6am , offer food a couple of hours after LIGHTS ON , the dragon will be warm and hungry then.
I normally turn on the lights and heat at 7 in the morning when I wake up. And I turn them off at 9:30. I dont feed him before the lights go out. I normally feed him at breakfast, lunch, and dinner

I take it you wake , and have brekky all inside an hour before leaving for the day / morning ( school, work) , so he's not getting enough time to warm up . Needs at least 2 hours , 3 hours is better to warm up and get hungry and ready to eat.

Dragons body temperatures are big determinants for their metabolic rate, activity level and appetite. A cold dragon wont be hungry.
The cage heats up pretty fast in an hour the basking spot would be over 100 degrees and yeah I normally try to feed him about 8 o clock.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
BeardedDragonSteve":2uqfe4u5 said:
kingofnobbys":2uqfe4u5 said:
kingofnobbys":2uqfe4u5 said:

I normally turn on the lights and heat at 7 in the morning when I wake up. And I turn them off at 9:30. I dont feed him before the lights go out. I normally feed him at breakfast, lunch, and dinner

I take it you wake , and have brekky all inside an hour before leaving for the day / morning ( school, work) , so he's not getting enough time to warm up . Needs at least 2 hours , 3 hours is better to warm up and get hungry and ready to eat.

Dragons body temperatures are big determinants for their metabolic rate, activity level and appetite. A cold dragon wont be hungry.
The cage heats up pretty fast in an hour the basking spot would be over 100 degrees and yeah I normally try to feed him about 8 o clock.

But it will take while for a dragon to increase it's body temperature , this will be the issue.

I suggest lights on 2 hours before first feeding .

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":3ermuyrd said:
So he would be able to eat the small super worms- see if your local pet smart or petco carry them- I pd $2 for a cup of 25 from dubiaroaches.com but they charge shipping so unless you buy other things like roaches and BSFL it would not be worth ordering the $2 cup-- I always order more stuff from them
Karrie
Petco and Petsmart does not sell them that small. But they are also expensive. I like to shop at Pet Supplies Plus which is where I got my beardie from and the prices are good once he gets older I will get superworms because I can get 100 for about $3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom