relocation stress

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Something is off--- I need to see your tank--- what are your basking temps and how are you taking them ?
Karrie

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
ugh
nothing is off I just moved the tank to a different room.
He's eating not basking
Do I just keep putting him on his basking log?
I'm so confused

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I cant help you until I either see what is going on or you tell me the husbandry in the tank -- there is a reason hes hiding and not basking-- he cloud be just sick I wont know till we rule out husbandry
basking temps? what are they--- how are you taking them ?
UVB ? brand and bulb please? coil or tube? where is it in the tank on top of screen or inside tank?
Karrie

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
100 degrees
solar glo 125 W

He was doing fine in the other room.
basking every single day.
on his own

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so here is my suggestion ------ solor glo's are for more experienced beardie owners ---- I dont mess w/ them cuz they are too hard to control----- I would suggest that moving that tank it upset the apple cart so to speak and now something is off --- basking temps should be 105-110 for a baby---- and thats an accurate temp you didnt tell me how your getting that 100 degree temp----- next I would ditch the solar glo and get a Reptisun 10.0 T 8 or T 5 ----- they are spendy - I was just at pet smart this morning and the fixture for a T 8 20" was $60 -- the bulb around $20 I believe--- the T 8's are not as strong as the T 5 --- what size is your tank ????? It would be fine for a 40 gallon -- if your going to up grade to a larger tank I would recommend getting a longer fixture -- a T 5 --- they are stronger bulb and for bigger tanks -- if your using the solar glo for the other tank do you have it mounted above the tank ? like hanging ? the reason hes not basking is something is off w/ that solar glo ----- so only more experienced people w/ that type of lighting is going to haft to help you -- all I know is my lighting is all separate and its easier to control than the all in one ----------------
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
ok well I still cant help you but I would get that basking temp up to 105-110- I cant help you other than I think its the solar glo doing it- if hes hiding and not basking something is not right- Brandon or Cooper Dragon on here can help you -- see what they think is going on
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If everything is the same except the room, it could be the change of scenery or just a coincidence. They don't need/want to bask all the time. If he is eating and alert and otherwise seems OK it's probably not a big issue as long as he is able to easily get to different areas of temp and light intensity.

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
It's a different house so it's a little different out here
House is detached from regular house
temps are the same and everything
Maybe he feels a draft in here?
I dunno.

moosix

He should not quit eating completely-- it will slow down but not all together-- has he not eaten anything today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom