New Disabled Rescue, Meet Mulder!

This is a forum to discuss and share stories of Bearded Dragon Rescues!

New Disabled Rescue, Meet Mulder!

Postby HippieLizards » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:53 am

As the name says, I rescued another Disabled Beardie. I Picked him up last night, And according to the guy who owned him and had him for 2 years (don't worry he took good care of him from what I heard), His first owners when he was a baby used no lights at all and he developed MBD I believe at some point, and so because of that his Back legs seem to be locked up/paralyzed and he's got a pretty rubber bend in his arms, but the bones have hardened it seems.

According to the guy he thankfully can still move very well and has even bred twice (which ain't cool IMO for a disabled dragon to still be used as a breeder.) And he seems really healthy, apparently he eats great and gets around well, But I'll see if that is true soon.

That's what I could observe from watching him on the drive home. He's currently in a bin tub right now just for until I can clean out his 4x2x2 Tub and set it up. I only was able to snap a few photos last night before bed, I'll get some better ones once he's in the 4x2x2 tub.

But, Aside from all that he's a real sweetheart. So introducing: Mulder!
[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]
Slave to Five Beardies, one Crested gecko, one leopard gecko, a Ball Python, two Betta fish, and a Cat. (R.I.P Thor & Cisco, You two will always be in our hearts).
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: New Disabled Rescue, Meet Mulder!

Postby CooperDragon » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:57 pm

He looks pretty good overall! Hopefully the disabled legs don't hold him back too much. They're pretty good about getting around that sort of thing when they need to. =)
CooperDragon

Re: New Disabled Rescue, Meet Mulder!

Postby HippieLizards » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:03 pm

Yeah thankfully his problems don't bother him much, and his leg disability isn't as bad as I thought. His front is pretty strong with moving around and he can move his legs pretty well still, they're just locked up it seems and he has a pretty bad limp when he walks around and he drags his legs sort of, But overall he gets around good. :)
[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]
Slave to Five Beardies, one Crested gecko, one leopard gecko, a Ball Python, two Betta fish, and a Cat. (R.I.P Thor & Cisco, You two will always be in our hearts).
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie Rescue