Is This Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.

JConn

We’ve had our beardie 9 months now. Not sure how old she was when we got her but she was pretty small from the pet store. We recently bought a bigger tank and a hammock since she likes to be up high. However the problem is, she doesn’t want to come down from it. I think she spends too much time on it and less on her rock under the heat. She also doesn’t seem to interested in eating. She will eat super worms when you hand feed her, but she is barely eating any crickets which she was previously eating around 20 per feeding. Is she too young to go through brumation? How do you know. We have been removing her from her hammock in the mornings and placing her on her rock. I’m concerned she’s not getting adequate food or light.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please post pics of tank and lighting ----
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at top of message box and post
Where is the UVB ? Brand and bulb please -- what are the basking temps ? and how are you taking them ? infrared heat gun? digital probe? or stick ons?
Karrie

I wouldn't worry too much yet, if your beardie isn't coming down from the hammock; before you start worrying or freaking out I would move his heat lamp and his UVB bulb on top of the hammock, my boyfriend's beardie also chooses hammock over basking, they love to climb and lay on hammocks. Us moving the lights over the hammock solved our situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom