Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Is he eating? Is he still breathing hard? What is the humidity in the tank ?
Karrie

Visserion

Original Poster
He hasn’t been eating I’ve stopped misting his greens and I take the water out at night he only breathes hard when he is pooping or when I pick him up

Visserion

Original Poster
I haven’t got it corrected yet I haven’t had time I’ve been working but I have been giving him baths everyday I will send a picture as soon as it’s time for me to turn on his light

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
No more baths---- if hes got a RI going that could be the biggest issue------ they dont need a bath everyday---- you need to take the time and get the correct temp in the tank that is the most pressing issue at this time--- 95-105 ------ make sure you get a actual temp from a heat gun or digital probe
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, It sounds like he may be trying to brumate if he's an adult and may be having trouble pooping, like partly impacted as well. That would explain why he breathes hard only while trying to poo and also maybe in discomfort when you pick him up. And I agree with Karrie, no baths for now. Water on his nose with a syringe or small spray bottle [ just dripping the water ] every few days to give him a drink if he wants . Once a week a short lukewarm bath is O.K but he'd need to be patted dry quickly + put back under the heat right away. Make sure to get the heat up as was mentioned.

Visserion

Original Poster
I don’t have the Phoenix worms yet should I just give him mealworms because today is the day I would be giving him worms

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You can give him a few, they are not poison [ as people feel they are that bad ] but just not a lot. Offer him greens instead for now with just a few worms wriggling in along with them .

Visserion

Original Poster
His beard is kinda black right now he keeps puffing his beard in and out and opening his mouth really wide is he gasping for air or what

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, that does sound more like a full blown R.I then. If your vet would get a throat culture + more tests they could find out what meds. they need to give him. If you don't trust this vet you can search for a better one. It's still important to find out what meds. the vet had him on.

Visserion

Original Poster
If the basking temps are not correct should I get a new bulb and how many Phoenix worms should I be giving him and how often should I stick with collard green or try mustard greens? And no more baths until I make sure the temps are right?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Visserion":1s6ogzoa said:
If the basking temps are not correct should I get a new bulb and how many Phoenix worms should I be giving him and how often should I stick with collard green or try mustard greens? And no more baths until I make sure the temps are right?
If temps in the tank are not correct and the bulb is not warm enough you can try moving decor so he is closer to the light - if temps are too hot then lower the basking area hence find something else lower for him to sit on - if it doesnt work get another bulb - what is the wattage your using now? have you taken a accurate temp? If AHBD is right he needs to go back to the vet to be put on a antibiotic that will clear up the RI---- and yes NO more baths--- to many baths may have caused the RI to begin w/ --- he does not need a bath every day----------------------
He needs to be fed vegies every day - phoenix worms as many as he can eat --- they are small -- they can be used as a staple feeder but he will need a lot of them as they are tiny
Karrie

Visserion

Original Poster
I am using a 150 watt bulb is there any other staple bugs that are easy to keep and that I don’t have to breed

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The bulb is not going to tell me anything - you need to get a temp gun or a digital probe thermom from petco or petsmart $5 - get a accurate temp and that will tell you what you need to do --- my guess is the bulb could be too hot I dont know w/ out getting a accurate temp---- you do not haft to breed crickets - you can get them from your local pet store and feed them to him - he would need to be fed 2-3 times a per week but at this point he is sick and you need to get him to the vet and checked out for the RI-- hes not going to get any better -- and find out what med he was on before --------------- I cant help you anymore other than w/ what I have told you ---
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom