Stressed about new enclosure

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Stressed about new enclosure

Postby aroeder1 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:46 pm

My 1.5 year old beardie just got moved in to a new enclosure a few days ago. He did not care about food today and has been hanging around and sleeping in a corner most of the day. I know stress is probably the cause of his behavior but how long should I wait before I should be thinking about a vet visit assuming his behaviors continue. Also is there anything that may help him settle down more in his new space?
aroeder1
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Stressed about new enclosure

Postby claudiusx » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:08 pm

Hi there,

It can take him a couple days to a week or so to fully settle in. As long as your husbandry is in order he should come around :)

-Brandon
claudiusx

Postby KarrieRee » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:47 am

Yes make sure the tank lighting and temps are correct--- please list the lighting in the tank so we can see if changes need to be made
Brand and bulb of UVB ???? where in the tank is it ??? on top of screen or in tank ??
Basking temps ? what are they are how are you taking them? Infrared heat gun? digital probe ? or stick ons?
More than happy to help
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster

Postby aroeder1 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:30 pm

Cool side 80f(measured with digital temperature/hygrometer), warm area has a variety of temperatures in the 90-95f range(measured with temp gun), basking spot (air temp measured with the zoomed stick probe thing) 100, temp gun reads 110-115 in the spot directly below the lamp on the rocks. I've been using a halogen heat bulb on a dimmer as of recently. Night temperatures go to 70-75. The uvb is a zoomed reptisun 10.0 that gets replaced every 4-5 months (last replaced in august). I have a hole in the screen for that light.The substrate is playsand mixed with dry eco earth because he likes digging. Humidity is 20%.
aroeder1
Newbie Poster

Postby aroeder1 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:42 pm

Image heres what it looks like
aroeder1
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:17 am

Tank looks good but it is very low -- it looks like he has no climbing area at all --- what are the dimensions of the tank ?
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster

Postby aroeder1 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:38 am

L 44, W 36, H 12. I do take him out to climb and run around. He does have a few decorations that are taller that he can climb on too.
aroeder1
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Health