Scented Candles and Bearded Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Would anyone know if dragons are adversely affected by scented candles? I don’t want to burn mine if it would make Figment sick... I have his tank in the room I usually burn my candles in.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would not think it would hurt them as long as the fragrance is not over powering and your having to leave the room and its got good ventilation
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Like karrie said it shouldn't pose a problem. The only issue I could see would be air quality from the soot or smoke. But candles dont produce much of that so I wouldnt worry.

For what it's worth, I recently bought an air purifier for the dragon room and I love it. Might be something you want to look into especially if you like burning candles :D

-Brandon

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":1la5crjb said:
Hi there,

Like karrie said it shouldn't pose a problem. The only issue I could see would be air quality from the soot or smoke. But candles dont produce much of that so I wouldnt worry.

For what it's worth, I recently bought an air purifier for the dragon room and I love it. Might be something you want to look into especially if you like burning candles :D

That's a good idea - for Figment AND for my husband, whose asthma gets irritated by my candles (so I only burn them when he's not home). What make and model did you get?

~Chris

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The one I got was from costco, winix was the brand but I dont remember the model right now. Little family emergency so I'm not home right now :(

But I love it. I convinced my family they love it. And I even got one of my coworkers to buy one lol!

-Brandon

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":2zj9gtt8 said:
The one I got was from costco, winix was the brand but I dont remember the model right now. Little family emergency so I'm not home right now :(

But I love it. I convinced my family they love it. And I even got one of my coworkers to buy one lol!

Thanks, Brandon - hope the family emergency turns out okay!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Regards scented candles , I'd not use them because they are a FIRE RISK.

I also think the smell of smoke on the air will stress the pet dragon as it'll hardwired to flee from fire and smoke instinctively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom