How to bring a bearded dragon home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhaegaldrogo

Hatchling Member
Hi all, I'm sorry for the kinda silly question, but I can't find an answer anywhere. How exactly would one bring a bearddd dragon home from a breeder? Do you put them in a carrier with a little heat mat, in a box etc?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Usually the breeders have boxes they put them in --- I bought a small cat carrier from Petco a while back and use it for Hiccup to take to the vet - I now have another dragon (baby) and used it to bring him home last Fri- they dont need heat or anything now that its warm but if you take them out in the winter of which I try to avoid you would need something like hand warmers under a dish towel or something like that -- hand warmers get real hot -- I also would warm the car up and have a blanket to put over the carrier to keep the wind off of them --- please read the care sheet on this site under Articles Care and Husbandry Bearded Dragon Care Sheet right side of page -- it has a lot of info on there
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They do pretty well at normal car temps. If you don't have a pet carrier, then a large shoebox with a soft blanket or towel at the bottom should do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom