Finley’s digestion is acting up... again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finleythebeardie

Hatchling Member
As some of you know finely has had a history of digestive issues and I have tried all different types of solutions. This time it’s not that his poop is very watery it’s that for the last week and a half his food has been undigested. He just went and I decided that I wasn’t gonna wait any more to see if it goes back to normal and I’m actually gonna ask about it. His poop is almost completely undigested apart from the bugs which were digested. All of his veggies were completely whole and his urate is rock hard. I just don't know what to do anymore. It seems as if when one problem gets solved a new one arises and it’s so frustrating. I recently moved his uvb light down so he gets more of it too. Sure it is mounted on the back wall but there really is t any way to get it in the middle like I want it without making it so his tank lid could still Go on and off seeing as it’s a slide on lid. His basking temperatures is always around 103-107 and I have a t8 reptisun 10.0 uvb bulb. He gets crickets everyday and he eats mustard greens everyday but the other veggies depend on what we have on hand. I need to know what I can fix so he’s healthy.
103403-2075298629.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You said urate is rock hard leaves me to think he is dehydrated-- is he drinking or getting any water? How is he getting water-- does your UVB have a reflector on it so it reflects the UVB rays?
Karrie

Finleythebeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The uvb does not have a reflector on it. There is a water bowl in his tank that I try to keep full but I never see him drink from it except maybe once every six months. I get his greens set before I give them to him so he gets water from that and sometimes he drinks when I give him baths

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Since he cant sit under it I would suggest you get a reflector for it - hes not really getting any UVB- either replace the fixture or get a reflector for it -
The use of a reflector can produce a remarkable increase in UVB output at a basking spot. Even a piece of ordinary aluminium foil placed behind a fluorescent tube will significantly improve its performance, but if a reflector, such as the inexpensive clip-on type used for aquarium lighting, is fitted to a UVB tube it is possible to virtually double the output of the tube. The reflector effectively gathers a large percentage of the UV light from the sides and back of the tube, which would otherwise be absorbed by the walls of the vivarium, and redirects this forward into the enclosure.
You can try the aluminium or go to a fish store and see if they have a clip on reflector for UVB fixtures-
Karrie

Finleythebeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok for now I’m going to get some aluminum foil and use that as a reflector and then try to get a real reflector at some point. Again thank you so much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom