Hey everyone!

Discuss substrates, lighting, heating, enclosure building ideas, share enclosure photos, and talk about any other enclosure-related topics.

Hey everyone!

Postby JRA » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:40 pm

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

Hey! So I have never owned a bearded dragon before but have been doing research for months now and been speaking to breeders, reptile stores, also online research I have chosen to go with tile as the substrate as that was the majority vote, I also have made sure I have got the best equipment just wondered what your thoughts were on my tile set up?

Also any advice on bringing home my new baby which will be between 8-9 weeks when I get it, just wondered what to do in regards to handling ext, as i have heard mixed views on it and any other advice you think I might need would be highly appreciated. Look forward to reading your reply’s 🙂
JRA
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Hey everyone!

Postby AHBD » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:34 pm

Hi there ! This is an exciting time for you, lots of fun coming your way in a scaly package. :) Your set up looks great, one thing you might want to tweak is the position of the uvb + heat bulb. You ideally want the heat + uvb to overlap because they will spend a lot of time under the heat bulb.

As for handling, you can usually do so in a limited way right off the bat. Every beardie is different, a day or 2 after getting him you might not bother him if he shies away but after that you just start putting your hand on the floor near him + pick him up right away if he seems comfortable. You'll figure it out as you go along.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby JRA » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:13 pm

AHBD

Thanks so much for your reply I have now made them overlap and that dose make a lot more sense so thank you and thanks for your advice I will give that ago 🙂
JRA
Newbie Poster

Postby Drache613 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:40 pm

Moved by Moderator from General to Enclosures
Drache613

Postby Drache613 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:44 pm

Hello,

The setup looks great, I love the tile there.
Definitely place the long tube bulb closer to the basking bulb, overlapping them to help in
creating a nice basking + UVB area for him.
Post more pictures when it is all finished, too.

Tracie
Drache613

Postby claudiusx » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:43 am

Hi there,

Looks good! Great that you moved the uvb a bit :)
How exciting, I dont know how you can stand to wait 8 more weeks! :D

-Brandon
claudiusx

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Enclosures