Hey everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRA

105957-7214908758.jpg
105957-7323446451.jpg

Hey! So I have never owned a bearded dragon before but have been doing research for months now and been speaking to breeders, reptile stores, also online research I have chosen to go with tile as the substrate as that was the majority vote, I also have made sure I have got the best equipment just wondered what your thoughts were on my tile set up?

Also any advice on bringing home my new baby which will be between 8-9 weeks when I get it, just wondered what to do in regards to handling ext, as i have heard mixed views on it and any other advice you think I might need would be highly appreciated. Look forward to reading your reply’s ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there ! This is an exciting time for you, lots of fun coming your way in a scaly package. :) Your set up looks great, one thing you might want to tweak is the position of the uvb + heat bulb. You ideally want the heat + uvb to overlap because they will spend a lot of time under the heat bulb.

As for handling, you can usually do so in a limited way right off the bat. Every beardie is different, a day or 2 after getting him you might not bother him if he shies away but after that you just start putting your hand on the floor near him + pick him up right away if he seems comfortable. You'll figure it out as you go along.

JRA

Original Poster
AHBD

Thanks so much for your reply I have now made them overlap and that dose make a lot more sense so thank you and thanks for your advice I will give that ago ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The setup looks great, I love the tile there.
Definitely place the long tube bulb closer to the basking bulb, overlapping them to help in
creating a nice basking + UVB area for him.
Post more pictures when it is all finished, too.

Tracie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Looks good! Great that you moved the uvb a bit :)
How exciting, I dont know how you can stand to wait 8 more weeks! :D

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom