What is the lowest temperature bearded dragons can handle

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
So the temperature in our house dropped to 66 degrees. What is the lowest temperature that bearded dragons can handle. So I can know if to get a CHE

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

The lowest they can handle and the lowest you should let it get down to without any real negative effects are likely two different numbers.

Like I said in your other thread, above 60 is fine. Some people add heat if it gets below 65. I've let temps drop below 60 in the past without issues, but I'd say 60 is the point now where I'd consider using a CHE.

Night time cool downs are very natural and necessary for them.

So whichever number you go with, its largely personal preference.

-Brandon

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":1tqkmqyn said:
Hi there,

The lowest they can handle and the lowest you should let it get down to without any real negative effects are likely two different numbers.

Like I said in your other thread, above 60 is fine. Some people add heat if it gets below 65. I've let temps drop below 60 in the past without issues, but I'd say 60 is the point now where I'd consider using a CHE.

so could i just use a heat pad under the tank to keep it a few degrees warmer
-Brandon

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Original Poster
BeardedDragonSteve":zfjj1g8l said:
claudiusx":zfjj1g8l said:
Hi there,

so could i just use a heat pad under the tank to keep it a few degrees warmer
-Brandon
thank oyu

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
How old is the dragon ?

An adult or large juvenile can handle lower temperatures overnight than a hatchling who will chill very fast in comparision .

I suggest no cooler than 24 degC overnight for hatchlings , I provide heatpad warmed ceramic tiles under the hide for my skinks and dragons ( all ages ) , who have the choice to retire to the warmed hide overnight if they choose to do so , most my skinks and dragons love their nice warm hides.

No cooler than 18 degC overnight is generally regarded as acceptable for healthy adult dragons ( in Australian keeper circles ).

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":1iiuyu8w said:
Hi there,

Hey how long have you been moderator cause I have not seen that rank on you
-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom