Bearded Dragon not eating ANYTHING nor pooping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sixxx

Hey ya'll! It's been quite some time since I posted on the forums since I just got busy with life after everything was settled for my baby dragon. Ekko is roughly 10 months old now, and a month ago till now I encountered a problem. After coming back from a week long vacation from Cancun, Ekko stopped interest in eating his dubia roaches completely, which was odd. A week passes and he ignores his vegetables as well. As an alternate, I started using crickets to feed him. Now, only last week and this week has he stopped eating crickets as often. It takes him 2-3 days without ANY food to eat roughly 10 crickets. Not only that, but through all of this, he has only pooped atleast 3 times per month. I've been so worried for these past few months and I'd really like to get help. I can see his ribs and I'm scared.

My Tank:
-45 gal
-Basking spot 100F
-Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO Lamp, 24 Watts
-40-45 Humidity
-12 hrs of light per day

Pictures roughly 10 months ago:
102383-3616741561.jpg
102383-8029586072.jpg
102383-216550315.jpg

Now:
102383-9754238766.jpg
102383-4201629059.jpg
102383-9257151493.jpg

Current setup:
102383-9085796582.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Who took care of him while you were away? Was he taken care of properly?

I noticed the analog thermometer. do you have another means of taking temps or is that what you use.

If hes not eating he wont poo, that's just how it is. So we need to figure out why hes not eating.

What are his activity levels like? Is he active or is he kinda lying around all day?
Does he seem to be sleeping a lot?

Is the weight loss sudden or has he always been kind of skinny?

-Brandon

Sixxx

Original Poster
claudiusx":f055l6aj said:
Hi there,

Who took care of him while you were away? Was he taken care of properly?

I noticed the analog thermometer. do you have another means of taking temps or is that what you use.

If hes not eating he wont poo, that's just how it is. So we need to figure out why hes not eating.

What are his activity levels like? Is he active or is he kinda lying around all day?
Does he seem to be sleeping a lot?

Is the weight loss sudden or has he always been kind of skinny?

-Brandon
Sadly, when I had paid my friend to take care of him, he wasn't really taken care of that well.

I only had that analog for around 2 weeks. I then switched to a proper humidity gauge and a temp gun.

Sometimes i catch him basking, but most of the time he is in his cave or just lying around. He sleeps (or tries to at least) when he's lying around.

Does brumation happen in the summer? If it is brumation, would it be this severe?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Has he been checked for parasites / pin worms? If hes losing weight because of not eating but also there is another cause I am thinking--- best to get him into the vet along w / a fecal and make sure you get the paper work when done w/ the visit for your records-- and please get your temps in the tank if your not doing that --- accurate ones like Brandon mentioned --- it sounds like the lighting is good -- so we can rule that out --- I would get him into the vet - I am hoping you have one in your area -- and good ones are hard to find -- the not eating is gonna cause for the not pooping--
Karrie

Sixxx

Original Poster
UPDATE: 9/18/2019

Hey ya'll! It's been a few days, and he started eating crickets again (roughly 30+ every 4th day or so) Also, found out that he drank water if I fed him with a syringe. Still hasn't eaten his greens (collard greens and squash) nor taken to the vet because of recent weather (i'm in houston haha). I'll keep in touch if anything else happens, but he's less lethargic again. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom