Hey everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRA

105957-7214908758.jpg
105957-7323446451.jpg

Hey! So I have never owned a bearded dragon before but have been doing research for months now and been speaking to breeders, reptile stores, also online research I have chosen to go with tile as the substrate as that was the majority vote, I also have made sure I have got the best equipment just wondered what your thoughts were on my tile set up?

Also any advice on bringing home my new baby which will be between 8-9 weeks when I get it, just wondered what to do in regards to handling ext, as i have heard mixed views on it and any other advice you think I might need would be highly appreciated. Look forward to reading your reply’s ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there ! This is an exciting time for you, lots of fun coming your way in a scaly package. :) Your set up looks great, one thing you might want to tweak is the position of the uvb + heat bulb. You ideally want the heat + uvb to overlap because they will spend a lot of time under the heat bulb.

As for handling, you can usually do so in a limited way right off the bat. Every beardie is different, a day or 2 after getting him you might not bother him if he shies away but after that you just start putting your hand on the floor near him + pick him up right away if he seems comfortable. You'll figure it out as you go along.

JRA

Original Poster
AHBD

Thanks so much for your reply I have now made them overlap and that dose make a lot more sense so thank you and thanks for your advice I will give that ago ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The setup looks great, I love the tile there.
Definitely place the long tube bulb closer to the basking bulb, overlapping them to help in
creating a nice basking + UVB area for him.
Post more pictures when it is all finished, too.

Tracie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Looks good! Great that you moved the uvb a bit :)
How exciting, I dont know how you can stand to wait 8 more weeks! :D

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom