Figment Settling In

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a bit over two weeks since Figment came to live with us, and he's settling in nicely. He's gone through a full body shed, loves his hab, and spends most of his day basking - though in the past few days he's been getting a bit more active, glass surfing and trotting about his tank, climbing up and down "Mount Draco" - the big hide in the corner of his hab. His poos have firmed up beautifully, and now look like what they ought to look like rather than the watery mess they were when I first brought him home, and he's getting a bit better about being handled - though he still doesn't like being picked up very much, and skitters up to my shoulder whenever he can (and then bounces to the back of the chair), but I write that off to his being young and still frisky. I let him walk around on my desk the other day and he was very curious about everything, particularly my bright yellow dice, which he tasted repeatedly and seemed to want to eat.

I'm getting a better sense of what he likes to eat, and how; he still isn't a big salad eater, but he's got his favorite veggies, for sure. He's been okay with dandelion greens and collard greens, but is absolutely nuts for organic baby arugula, which he prefers to eat from my fingers. He also likes shredded carrots (once a week or less), fresh strawberries, fresh blueberries, and bell peppers. He seems to prefer being hand-fed his salad, for some reason. Bugwise, he likes his crickets best of all, but also enjoyed dubias and hornworms. He's okay with waxworms, which I bought him for a treat, but does not seem to care a fig for Phoenix Worms.

All in all, he's settling in nicely. I am really looking forward to watching him grow and develop his personality!

full

Figment smiles for the camera...

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Love the pic!

I'm glad things are settling down! It's great once you start noticing their little habits and preferences. :)

Sounds like hes got a good beardie slave :D

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom