PLEASE RESPOND ASAP BLACK BEARD

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumbabeardie

Hey everyone, I have a two year old beardie and everything was fine with him until a bout a week and a half ago when his beard turned black. That’s happened before but now it hasn’t turned back to normal since. I’ve also noticed he’s been eating less and his urate is white but when the white comes out which i’m assuming is when he pees he isn’t pooping? I’m very worried and any response to what this could be would be very helpful. Thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What are you feeding him? What kind of UVB do you have in the tank and where is it? On top of screen inside tank --- the black beard is either hes in pain or in distress or both---- from the way it sounds he might be impacted??? When was the last time he pooped?
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If he isn't eating and his beard has been black for that long, then something is certainly bothering him. Do you have a vet nearby who has experience treating bearded dragons? It is probably worth setting up a visit if you can. Can you post some photos of him and his setup? You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button when you reply. That will help give us a better idea of his overall condition.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree. If his beard is staying black all of the time, even when he goes to sleep then most
likely there is something bothering him. I would look into getting him into the vet if you can.
Please review your tank setup with us, such as the type/brand of the UVB lighting, your
supplementation, temperatures, as well as the foods fed, etc.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

kumbabeardie

Original Poster
Hi everyone, thank you for your responses! I took him to the vet this morning and actually found out he’s a she :O
Also, the vet told me he believes it is just dehydration and took a look at my tank set up and advised me to get a plant that will up the humidity and keep her hydrated. Her beard is still black as of now but I’ll post updates once it is back to normal! :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What is the humidity in the tank? Do you have a hygrometer? I would soak her in a bath for 10-15 minutes 2 times per week to get her hydration back up if she drinks don't let her gorge slow her down-- I don't see how a plant is going to hydrate her-- I have not heard of that one
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing this evening, so you have a female instead of a male?
Did they do any type of diagnostics on her at all, like a fecal, blood work or x-rays?
If her beard stays dark, something is going on with her, possibly egg issues, but it's
hard to know without some type of testing.
I am doubting that a plant will increase humidity to much of a higher level. If she is
dehydrated, you can get some oral fluids into her with a plastic syringe of dropper by
dripping it onto her nose to see if she will lick some off.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom