Question about how or size for tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So Blazes tank is here tomorrow --- he is roughly 8 inches long---- 8 weeks this weekend or so --- he will be a year the week of July 25th- how big or old do I need for him to be to put in this 120 gallon tank --?? I dont want to over whelm him w/ how big of an enclosure-- Hiccup went into the 120 gallon at 11 months of age--
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hey karrie,

Blaze can go in his big forever home right when it shows up. As long as the temps and uv are all proper, he can be in as big of a tank as you want :)

Nothing is gonna be bigger than the big open world they've got in the wild :)

-Brandon

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree, if you have your lighting all dialed in and there are some hides and things to climb around on he is likely to enjoy the larger space right away.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ok so I will be getting the tank put together this weekend - he pretty much has most everything- I couldnt find the rock I was looking for I am thinking they dont make it anymore - need to get the tile cut for it --- and I had to re order the UVB fixture I ordered the wrong size so that will be here this week too - he is shedding again - his tail and head - here is a pic from yesterday
97951-3467781302.jpg
He loves his log - he sleeps on it and he can over look the food bowl w/ the roaches in it --
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hes doing good --- I weighed and measured him yesterday and hes 17 grams and is roughly 8" long -- hes eating good and still skittish but hes a baby so I dont mess w/ him too much and my hand is in the tank every day several times a day - so he will get used to that eventually -- have not had him not even a week yet - but the relocation doesnt seem to effect his eating - he ate squash yesterday along w/ his greens and BSFL -- plus around 8 dubias -- I try feeding a second feeding in the afternoon but hes not interested - he must be eating enough in the morning -- today I mixed the greens and bugs after I fed the greens first - he was in the bowl eating both -- as long as I can keep getting him to eat those greens I will be happy - had I known this technique w/ Hiccup as a baby I would of done that - Hiccup will not eat greens and it is so frustrating -- and I think he has gone into brumation -- he is sleeping all the time and has not come out of his hide - he was awake this morning but did not come out - I stick my head in the tank and look in on him in his rock -- he just looks at me-- hes not gonna be happy w/ me cuz I am going to be putting him in water to see if he will drink - I dont want him dehydrated - I will do this periodically --
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom