Very skittish bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
So I just got another bearded dragon today and I don't know if he is a baby or a juvie. Also he might be a her. I tried to look at its femoral pores but he kept squirming. I have towel on his cage cause i heard that can calm them down

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It may take her a week or so to completely calm down, it greatly depends on the dragon
many times.
Holding her at night, in a nice soft blankie, burrito style on you can help her get used to
your scent & make her more comfortable.
She may have not received very much attention previously which can cause her to be a
little more shy than some others are.

Tracie

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Drache613":l9s7xlf4 said:
Hello,

It may take her a week or so to completely calm down, it greatly depends on the dragon
many times.
Holding her at night, in a nice soft blankie, burrito style on you can help her get used to
your scent & make her more comfortable.
She may have not received very much attention previously which can cause her to be a
little more shy than some others are.

Tracie
what I have been doing that every couple of hours or so I take him out (I have confirmed that its most likely a he) and hold and pet him for a minute or so and then I put him back

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Hello,

I had the same problem with my youngest dragon, she was given to me by a friend who couldn't handle her anymore due to her being extremely skittish and "aggressive".

She was extremely skittish at first but what you need to do is show them that they can trust you, do like Tracie said hold them at night with a soft blankie to get them used to your scent. I used a old soft T shirt to I wore a lot to wrap her up in and that helped her with getting used to my scent.

It took her much longer to get used to me because she was held only once in the few months my friend had her.

But Fast forward 3 months or so and she's a total sweetheart and snugglebug. View media item 60844 finally starting to tolerate blankets in her second week. View media item 60959 she was super skittish at first and hid in her log all day.

View media item 60452View media item 60662now she's much more used to handling and is much less skittish now. :) it just takes time with these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom