Loss of appetite, brumation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harshstonewhite83

Original Poster
At each monthly visit, they gave her a dose there, then I gave her one of them every two weeks (Panacur paste), the other every other day until it was gone, which was the Panazuril I think (it was two doses). She has one dose of Panacur paste left, but after reading all this here I'm hesitant to give it to her if it could be affecting her appetite.

She has been kind of lethargic, but she'll go into her basking spot for a while. I got her out to hang with me, she eventually jumped off like she normally does, explored my room for a few minutes then went to dark shelf and napped. She still won't eat any insects I offer, but she'll eat some of her greens when I give them to her.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You might as well give the last dose if it doesn't stress her too much, if it stresses her then don't bother. That's just a lot of meds. but at least they were spaced out and if I understood correctly given a week one then a week off. Beardies will often try to hide or lay low when their world is changed by having to take meds., but they all act differently and some don't seem bothered too much. Once she's off the meds. for a while her appetite should pick up again. This happens at times and because she's big + hefty it should be no problem. :)

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
AHBD":2fbl8d2r said:
True MrSpectrum, I do often use the Phrase " you might " do such + such, and I sometimes deviate as I'm writing quickly. BTW Brandon I agree we don't want anything to get heated here but it's clear where the yelling [ internet writing in all caps ] and insults are coming from.
Two 3-letter words, capitalized for emphasis (because it seemed you read quickly as well as writing quickly), is yelling

I THOUGHT THIS WAS YELLING! (or a broken/stuck shift-key or certain very old terminals).

Had it occurred that writing too quickly can often be the reason for being misconstrued?

I don't see where I've insulted anyone.

harshstonewhite83

Original Poster
Hey sorry for the long pause in updates. I don't know if it was the yogurt or what, but her appetite has returned a little bit. She mostly wants mealworms, which I'm hesitant to give in large quantities in case she gets impacted, but I do want her to eat. She'll eat a few dubias too, but she really wants the mealworms, lol.

I thought originally she was a he and named her Tobias. But after examining her and shining the light through her tail I'm more convinced she's a she. She's only about 7-8 months old...maybe its too soon to tell.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's great that the appetite is returning. After so long on meds, the good gut bacteria was likely lacking. that's why we recommend the soy yogurt, helps replenish that and usually does a good job of bringing back the appetite :)

She shouldn't get impacted from mealworms as long as her temps are good and she isnt eating an ungodly amount of them haha. But definitely try to keep a variety there for her.

If you want to post up pics of her tail we can confirm or deny for you. Thanks for giving us an update :)

-Brandon

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Good to hear that she's eating again. And I guess there's no reason you can't call her Tobias . :) Is it Toby for short ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom