Reptile Books

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krypton

I’m curious about good books about bearded dragons that are informative and as up-to-date as possible. I work at a library and discovered our copy of The Bearded Dragon Manual is no longer in the collection. I have a personal copy at home and feel it’s pretty helpful (or at least was...it’s been awhile since I’ve read it and realized it was written in 2001!!). Are there others out there that might be better for our collection? I informed a patron of this site, so hopefully that will help in the meantime.

I’m also hoping to get some books on other popular reptiles as well, such as Leopard Geckos (think pets kids are likely to get). If anyone knows any good books, can you let me know? Thanks!

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Krypton":27dx4075 said:
I’m curious about good books about bearded dragons that are informative and as up-to-date as possible. I work at a library and discovered our copy of The Bearded Dragon Manual is no longer in the collection. I have a personal copy at home and feel it’s pretty helpful (or at least was...it’s been awhile since I’ve read it and realized it was written in 2001!!). Are there others out there that might be better for our collection? I informed a patron of this site, so hopefully that will help in the meantime.

I’m also hoping to get some books on other popular reptiles as well, such as Leopard Geckos (think pets kids are likely to get). If anyone knows any good books, can you let me know? Thanks!

The newest version of The Bearded Dragon Manual, rewritten by Terri Sommella, is definitely a good go-to book; I have the original version, and found the update much more reader-friendly. Here are some kids' reptile books I have in my classroom, or plan to order in the near future.

I Want a Bearded Dragon and I Want a Leopard Geckoby Tristan Pulsifer
Bearded Dragons by Phillip Purser
Leopard Geckos by Gerald Merker

There was also a very popular book in my classroom called Popular Lizards - but it has vanished from my shelves (sigh - the risks of having a classroom library) and is now apparently out of print, which is a shame as it was an excellent book for younger readers.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
A Guide to Health and Disease in Reptiles and Amphibians
by Robert Johnson and Dr. Brendan Carmel
ISBN:9780987244703

A Guide to Australian Dragons in Captivity
by Dr. Danny Brown
ISBN: 9780975820056

A Guide to Australian Lizards in Captivity
by Dr. Danny Brown
ISBN-10 0987244795

The above are all very thorough .

The Bearded Dragon Manual
Philippe De Vosjoli
ISBN: 1882770595

I have others but these are my go-to refs for anything bearded dragon.

A nice beginners book I'd recommend is
Bearded Dragon - Your Happy Healthy Pet
By: Steve Grenard
ISBN-13 9781630260231

Recently ordered and waiting for these to arrive in the mail.

Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia
CSIRO Publishing; Updated edition (1 October 2018)
by Prof.Harold G. Cogger
ISBN-10: 1486309690

Dragon Lizards of Australia - Evolution, Ecology and a Comprehensive Field Guide
Melbourne Museum Publishing (2019)
By: Jane Meville, Steve Wilson
ISBN: 9781921833496

If you add these to your library collection, you wont see much change from $1000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom