Beardie flipping over on his back

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Also I dont know if you plan on putting him into a bigger tank at some point and I dont know if you can afford one but I was looking at the carpet in there and I would recommend going to some non textured shelf liner from Home Depot -- it would be alot cheaper to clean and only replace once - get the size of the tank and go and look for the shelf liner - you want something w/ texture not smooth - its easy to clean w/ vinegar/ water in a spray bottle 50/50 mixed and insects cannot get underneath --
Karrie

Finleythebeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes I’m saving up money from babysitting to but him a new tank. I would ask my parents if they could buy me one sooner but they say since technically his 40 gallon is big enough they won’t do it. But I’ll definitely look into getting one of those shelf liners

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You can check Facebook under marketplace in your area- look for an enclosure w/ front doors-- 50 gallon tanks are hard to find -- I had gotten one years ago from PetSmart for $150-- that was a good buy but I can't find them now-- so anything over the 40 w/ front doors--- you want to make sure if you find a used one find out what was in it and reason it died if applicable-- your gonna want to sanitize it good--
Karrie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
KarrieRee":2zdd9yvx said:
You can check Facebook under marketplace in your area- look for an enclosure w/ front doors-- 50 gallon tanks are hard to find -- I had gotten one years ago from PetSmart for $150-- that was a good buy but I can't find them now-- so anything over the 40 w/ front doors--- you want to make sure if you find a used one find out what was in it and reason it died if applicable-- your gonna want to sanitize it good--
Karrie

Yep , at least two sterilizations using F10sc at 1:250 dilution in water to be sure all pathogens and spores are killed.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Your tank overall is fine. As suggested, the UVB tube does need to be directly overhead
of him, instead of mounted on the back wall. When they are mounted this way, the light will
refract outward & away from your dragon instead of downward onto him. He most likely isn't
getting enough UVB exposure.
How often do you give him calcium supplementation?

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom