Feeding Crickets to Your Dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
I'm getting mighty tired of having to hand-pick uneaten crickets out of Figment's hab every night, so I tried putting him in a different place for feeding - one of those big storage containers. The problem was, he wouldn't eat a single darn cricket in that bin - he just kept scrambling around, exploring it, trying to climb the walls. I've bought one of those feeder cups with the mesh grids to try, but it hasn't come in yet.

How do you go about feeding crickets to your dragon, if you do?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would switch to dubias ---- they are healthier and easier to keep than crickets -- they stink and chirp -- you can use a 10 gallon tank or a tote to keep the dubias in -- they are cheap to feed - dubia food and carrots for hydration --- I dont feed carrots to my dragons --
Dubias
• Wide range of sizes
• Long life span
• Excellent nutrition
• Easy to digest
• High in protein
Convenient for you
• Odorless and soundless
• Will not infest your home
• Can be stored out of sight
• Easy to care for
• Cannot jump, fly or climb

Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I feed crickets in separate bins. it sometimes just takes awhile for them to get used to the feeding bins but they will eventually.

-Brandon

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
I used a separate tank for feeding crickets - I think a 10 gallon would even be fine for this, but mine was a 20 because I happened to have it on hand. We haven't done crickets in a while, but that's what I'll use again if we do. I just put some non adhesive shelf liner on the tank floor. (Had tile before that, but the liner is easier) just either use a cover or stay close enough to take your beardie back out if he starts to try to jump over the sides. Mine does that when he decides he's through "hunting"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom