Tylosin Vs. F10sc For RI *(Surpise Eggs, possible surgery)*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am glad to hear that she is doing a bit better right now with the Tylan.
Do you have any pictures of her tail for us? Wow, so sorry that happened. Are you sure it is
a burn? How close was she able to get to the apparatus?
Keep using the neosporin on it, or you can also try raw, unpasteurized or manuka honey on
it to help with healing.
Do you have any pictures of the nebulizing tank you have been using?
The Tylan should be ok for awhile longer. Have you been keeping it out of the heat & light
also?
I am happy to hear she is shedding too, that is a good sign!

Tracie

hmwyer

Original Poster
Yes, I can post pictures in a moment. She is in tub at the moment getting meds. I forgot how to post pictures on here, so it may take a bit to figure it out. Lol
But, yes, her shedding is very exciting to see! And as far as how close she could get, she could have climbed on it if she wanted to. And I thought she was fine at first cause she never moved in there, but then recently I started hearing her run around in the tub, so that's why I assumed her tail may have been steamed. It wasn't like that before. Totally healthy tail from top to bottom. Oh, yes! I forgot about manuka honey! They say it's great to use. Yes, I'll get some of that too!
And yes I made a big batch like you suggested so, it's been in the door of my fridge since I bought it (both the mixed batch and the vial itself).

hmwyer

Original Poster
94216-202758927.jpg

94216-7124518938.jpg

94216-2750689308.jpg

94216-2889122251.jpg

Okay, so this is the tub now after I put the vaporizer in the smaller tub so she can't get close to it anymore. And this is her tail at the moment. I drew lines to where it starts looking funny. It's like a gray line around her tail, then slightly normal looking for about 1/8 an inch. Then the rest is black and dark and that one section is just skinny and dry, shriveled up looking. Her tail never looked like this before. Like she always had a tiny kink in her tail down there where it's going black, but it's always looked healthy.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh dear, I bet that's what happened. So sorry about that. At least she seems to be doing
well otherwise.
So you did move it now to where she can't get near it?
I hope she is feeling better now. Do you think the treatments have really helped her out a
lot?
Keep us updated on her~!

Tracie

hmwyer

Original Poster
Yes, I think they have! I stopped treatment a few days ago because she seemed alright. The hump is still there and looking worse though.....I wonder if it is from her tank....it's a 40 gallon breeder tank, so it's not smaller than her, but it still seems....small ish....could she just have the hump because of her tank? Like I planned to save up and get a new 6 and 8 foot tanks for all of my animals, but sadly can't afford the $2,500 for all of them to be built and shipped at once right now, so it'll be a while.....have you ever heard of a hump developing from a drsgon feeling like their cage is too small?
I also feel her treatments have helped a lot because she used to hold her food in her beard for SEVERAL minutes before swallowing and eating more, but now she only keeps it there for about a minute, takes a breath or two, then swallows it all.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, that is very odd! Is she hitting her tail on anything in her tank when she tries to turn
around at all that could be damaging it?
I am glad to hear her health seems to be doing better right now with the treatment. That should
be perfectly fine to stop treatment since she has improved so much. It sounds like she is eating
well & digesting better also.
I hope you can figure out what's going on with her tail though!

Tracie

hmwyer

Original Poster
Sorry for the super late reply. Work and life caused me to forget to check for replies on here, but I'm back with an update!
Oh she is certainly digesting better! Haha! Pooping all of the time. Sadly though. She looks like she will lose the tip of her tail. It appears to be healing/dying off at the gray line in the picture and not spreading. Just getting skinnier and grayer. He esting and breathing and basking and climbing as improved, but sadly she stills has a head tilt and walks in circles and steps on the end of her tail (the bit that is dying off) and basically acts like drunk almost. I don't think it's an ear infection, her ears look fine. Her poops are solid to soft and hydrated looking urates, so it doesn't seem as though she is dehydrated. I have been doing the vitamins and calcium as per your recommendations. She walks a bit better ish outside of the tank, so I'm thinking maybe she just is bothered by her reflection or is walking that way because her muscles aren't built up yet and strong like they used to be because she was at one point so weak she wouldn't walk at all that perhaps her muscle tone is just bad. I have been trying to let her run around outside of the tank a little bit each day to see if that helps.

hmwyer

Original Poster
[
94216-3736678334.jpg
94216-7213576091.jpg
94216-2647157684.jpg
94216-1595635875.jpg
94216-6704968829.jpg

This is her tail today. Like I said, not spreading, but definitely not looking salvageable. Looking like it's continuing to die off. It's looking super crooked too. She has always had a kink in her tail, but nothing like this. So I am beginning to think her stepping on it constantly is really what may have caused this. I'm sure she probably did swing it into the steam, which is why I had blocked her from getting close to it, but I really feel like she probably just stepped on it far too much.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor thing, I am sorry that she still isn't 100% in her gait & tilts to the side. Have you tested her
for Adeno yet, sorry if you have & I don't remember. I was hoping she would have improved more
by now.
She will be just fine without the tip of her tail. Sorry that happened though! I'm glad to see that it's
healing though & hasn't spread upward on the tail. It will eventually dry up & fall off.
So she is eating pretty well then? What is she eating right now?

Keep us posted on her progress.
Tracie

hmwyer

Original Poster
Oh my gosh! I know it's supposed to break off because I've seen pictures and videos after seeing her tail turn, but I wasn't expecting it to happen the way it has! It's already breaking off as of today and I got really freaked out! It's breaking off it the gray line where I thought it would, but it's happening format he underneath and it's bleeding nor does it have puss or anything but it still looks like a open wound from what I can see. I put more neosporin on it as a I have been doing, but it just worries me. I know they do fine without the tip of their tail. But feel so bad that this happened and upset at myself because I don't know if it was my fault or hers from her stepping on her tail. :/

No, I have not tested for adenovirus yet. You think I should? I read it professes quickly so I never tested since she has been like this for years and is beginning to finally improve.

She is eating like a champ! I still have to encourage her to eat by rubbing the food on her mouth and sticking a thin piece of butternut squash on her tongue so she tastes it and realizes it's food time. But she eats very well and gobbles it up! I am feeding her repashy grub pie in the form of a thick paste with either vitamin powder or calcium powder depending in the day. And I take a thin stick of butternut squash and scoop up up the repashy onto it and she eats both at the same time. I basically use the squash as an edible spoon after she bit off a piece of a plastic fork and pooped it out. It freaked me out it would hurt her so I found that she would finally eat squash with no issues and so I use it in place of spoon or fork feeding it. I tried making it into the gel like the instructions say, but she didn't like it. Idk if it was the texture or the taste changed from the boiling water, but she wouldn't eat it like that. And I use bottled water to mix her food up, not tap.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Bless her, hopefully her tail isn't hurting at all & it will heal right up. I know, it's hard when
they sustain any injury, we always feel bad but it wasn't done on purpose. Accidents do
happen. Since it's bleeding a little bit, go ahead & use some raw unpasteurized honey or
some antibiotic ointment on the end of it for awhile to help out with healing.
That is a good sign she is eating pretty well. A great idea you had, using the squash instead
of a plastic utensil since she had bitten some off before. At least you have a good way of
getting nutrition into her right now.
That is up to you as to whether or not you want to test for adeno. You can give it some time
if you want. Sometimes they go for years, without obvious symptoms & other times they show
symptoms early on. If they carry it, they may or may not show symptoms.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

hmwyer

Original Poster
Oh! I'm sorry I meant to say it was not bleeding. Can a vet do the adenovirus testing or is it still where you have to send it off to a specific lab? When I had looked into it years ago whe I first heard about it you had to email a certain place and then I assume the vet draws the blood and sends it to where you tell them it needs to go.
And actually about her tail. It's weird she never used to move it when you touched it, but now when you touch even behind her legs far from the injury, she moves it. Not sure if it's just because it's hurting her or suddenly she has feeling in the not dead part, but I just found it odd.

hmwyer

Original Poster
New update, and kind of a scary one. My husband had noticed Spyro had some saliva coming out her mouth while I was at work the other day. He said he kept wiping it off and it would come back. I had fed her before I went to work that afternoon and she wasn't showing signs of anything wrong so I just assumed she had been licking her lips from a little food in corners of her mouth. Well, I went to turn her lights off and check on her a but ago and saw what he was talking about. I listened to her breathing and I hear popping sounds. Do I go back to the meds again? Do I take her to vet again and have them just tell me she's fine like they do every single time I go? Is there something else I should try?? I'm so upset for her and really at a loss right now...... :(
Here are the pictures before I wiped her mouth.

94216-6545257983.jpg
94216-2544405237.jpg

She is still eating and popping just fine as I said earlier, but when I fed her today get did gasping a few times, but I just thought she was catching her breath from eating sooo fast. Ugh.....I just don't know.....it's like it won't go away. The meds helped, but I guess it wasn't long enough or maybe not strong enough. I seems to go away and come back. This would be like 4th time I would be giving her the meds since starting this treatment. Should I try a more aggressive tact with the same meds or something different? I would like to add I am still keeping her nighttime temps around 80 as it is getting cold where I live and the house does get cool at night and I don't want her getting a chill.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry your girl is still having some trouble!!
Since there is that discharge is looking so thick looking, I think a mouth swab needs to be
done to test for specific bacteria that could be causing this.
Are you able to get her mouth cleaned/swabbed out any at all?

Continue to keep her warm overnight right now & if you can, place her on a slight decline,
overnight to help excess fluids drain out properly.
Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

hmwyer

Original Poster
I could probably get it cleaned and swabbed. I just don't know if my vet will listen to me and test it or just throw meds at it.
I'll see if they are open tomorrow, but not sure if they close for Columbus day. I feel like she was fine until a particularly poo covered required bath last weekend. She always seems fu e u til a required bath occurs. Then after the bath she'll act like this again, but first time she's had this discharge though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom