Please help -- not eating after medication, concerning stool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am glad to hear he is getting back to eating more now. I'm sure he will continue to improve
since he is off of his medications.
They naturally have very low levels in their normal gut flora. As long as the levels stay low
& don't affect the health then I don't think any further medication rounds are really needed.

Tracie

marhvee

Original Poster
Drache613":1fpwupoi said:
Hello,

I am glad to hear he is getting back to eating more now. I'm sure he will continue to improve
since he is off of his medications.
They naturally have very low levels in their normal gut flora. As long as the levels stay low
& don't affect the health then I don't think any further medication rounds are really needed.

Tracie
Hello! He's continuing to eat (although his salad to insects ratio still varies from day to day) and hasn't really been losing weight as far as I've seen. Here's a photo of his stool in his bath from today (it was a nice, brown well-formed 'log' about the size of my pinky finger, accompanied by a soft white urate, with a bit of mucus connecting the two -- not sure if that's anything to be concerned about):

104301-7982539688.jpg

I've certainly read that they naturally have low levels of coccidia in their gut flora, but is that true for flagellates as well?

Also, Tracie, I seem to recall from past threads that you perform tests for ADV -- are you still doing them? Although he isn't currently showing any signs of it, I'm considering getting him tested just in case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom