I pulled my bearded dragon's Shed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I walked over to this cage when I thought my bearded Dragon is just playing a little bit after he went to bed but then I saw something on his neck so I reached to get it off because I thought it was a dead grasshopper but I realized it was his shed. I'm new with Bearded Dragons. He doesn't seem to be bleeding or anything.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Could you post a picture of the area?
Does it seem raw or anything?

-Brandon

LandonPolasky

Original Poster
I would but I don't know if you could seem him. It's actually his bedtime, but I don't know what you mean raw. But His skin just looks slightly darker. I only had him a week, so I don't know if that's his normal skin or not. If this is very dangerous I don't mind turning on the lights real quick. I would also send an old picture, but I did change his cage around as well.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's most likely fine If the skin came off easily. If you had to pull at it then it might not have been ready and could have damaged the skin underneath.

-Brandon

LandonPolasky

Original Poster
Alright, good. Because I did not put any pressure to peel it I just push it just a little bit. On accident by trying to get the skin off of it. Also, one last thing, could this be the reason why he is sleeping against the window. Or It's because I added a few new things to it. Or a little bit of both.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Babies especially tend to sleep in the oddest positions. It's perfectly normal :)

-Brandon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon's skin, it came off easily then & isn't raw looking?
If you do have any pictures, that would be helpful if you posted a couple for us.
Otherwise, is he doing well, eating & basking normally?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom