Feeding a Juvie Dragon and Working Fulltime

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
If it's parasites, I would think it would depend on what kind and how infested.
In some case, a host might be more voracious, as any nutritional value is being co-opted by the parasite.
In other cases, appetite might be adversely affected, but in those cases, I would think weight loss would be evident.

You might collect a sample for fecal testing prior to waiting, and take him in if it's positive and high enough to be concerning--just a suggestion. :)

YMMV

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
MrSpectrum":20va9prh said:
If it's parasites, I would think it would depend on what kind and how infested. (Snip) You might collect a sample for fecal testing prior to waiting, and take him in if it's positive and high enough to be concerning--just a suggestion. :)

YMMV

That is excellent advice - thank you! :)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Remember, it can take some time for their appetites to fully build up. Tombo took almost a month before he was eating a decent amount.

If the poo's are firming up, and aren't overly stinky, it's unlikely he has parasites anyways.
And, they are all different, just like us. Some are big eats, some aren't. :D

-Brandon

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":33cr9lwi said:
Remember, it can take some time for their appetites to fully build up. Tombo took almost a month before he was eating a decent amount.

If the poo's are firming up, and aren't overly stinky, it's unlikely he has parasites anyways.
And, they are all different, just like us. Some are big eats, some aren't. :D

That's a relief. Yes, they have firmed up and no excessive stink. I didn't realize that it would take time for their appetites to build up, though - that's a huge relief to hear! Thank you!

-Chris

kprnz18

I had the same dilemma and Gobi is about the same age as your little one. I'm out the door at 6:30 every morning. I have his lights come on about an hour before I get up. This gives him enough time to warm up and wake up. I come out and start feeding him his Dubias around 6:15 and cut up his veggies for the day. I let him eat as much as he wants for the 10 minutes and then put him back in and out the door I go. I feed him when I get home around 5pm as well. Twice a day feedings have been fine for him. In one month he has gone from 10g 5'5" to 20g 7" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom