bearded dragon ate dead crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

phathonk

I was busy today and asked my brother to feed my beardie (which i’ve had around 3 weeks). When I got home I asked him how it went and long story short he fed my beardie 2 dead, small crickets. I know you shouldn’t feed dead crickets to a beardie but should i be worried that he could have a parasite or something? what are some signs that i should watch out for in the next few days?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I wouldn't worry much. All feeders, live or dead , can carry parasites. Of course it's not a good idea to feed them dead bugs but it shouldn't do anything that will cause your dragon to act ill. How big is your beardie + how long have you had him ? At some point a fecal check can be a good idea but usually when they are past the very small baby stage so the meds. don't affect them too badly.

fcooper

Hatchling Member
I wouldn't risk it. They could have died because of parasites or being sick. You don't want that passed onto your bearded dragon. Stay safe and get fresh crickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom