Parasites? orange-ish uriate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smcgille

103277-7602245318.jpg
Hi so my bearded dragon puff (8 months old & 14 1/2") is pretty active and happy and i havent really noticed anything wrong. But today he had a bowl movement and his urate looked a little orangish (see pic) and I was wondering if this is due to a of bit dehydration and he needs to take a couple more soaks and maybe some more leafy greens or if its parasites. I don't know how he could have gotten parasites and his checkup about 4 months ago gave him a clean bill of intestinal health. Im just looking for some advise; this little guy is my world and I wanna make sure he is as healthy as can be. The other thing i noticed was today he didnt want to hand feed he only wanted to eat out of his bowl he ate everything I gave him tho.
103277-8948767469.jpg

smcgille

Original Poster
Also I should say that his poop is pretty sticky and has been pretty sticky for a awhile it can kinda stick up a room I've heard that can sometimes be a sign of parasites but like I said earlier I haven't noticed a lot of any other problems so I kinda didn't think anything of it.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It may just be a dietary issue. They get upset stomachs sometimes but that doesn't look unusual to me. If it continues to be excessively smelly over the next couple of weeks it might be worth making some dietary tweaks to see if that makes a difference. If not, then maybe another parasite test is warranted. I wouldn't worry too much at the moment though, especially if it hasn't seemed unusual for very long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom