Rescuing baby possibly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, so I’ve been gathering supplies for a beardie I was planning on getting from a breeder. I have all the supplies now and was going to get him in roughly 3 weeks however I’ve just come upon a rescue and am debating rescuing him instead but wanted to be sure it was a good idea and that I knew what to do. He’s a baby I’m not sure how old but I’m guessing 2 monthsish and currently has an injured foot and tail tip, both are black(the foot and tail tip). Do you think he would make it and if so how would I provide the vet care(I do have a reptile vet as I have other reptiles and an appointment would of course be arranged as well)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
If you can get him and get him to the vet I would ---- he doesnt sound good - depending on how bad a shape hes in depends on if he can bounce back -- I just got a rehome approx 3 weeks ago and she was in such bad shape from being malnourished she died Sunday - she was at the point of no return- all her organs shut down and I am not sure exactly how old she was - the person I got her from told me she was 6-8 months old then she said a year old - she was the size of probably your 2 month old -- it was pathetic and totally heartbreaking--- its something I never want to see again lets put it that way!! :(
Karrie

Nightshade15

Original Poster
Right now she/he is eating and basking and moving around she just has the black tail tip and foot. Otherwise seems okay.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
I don't wish to scare anyone, but black can be an indication of necrosis, which can spread if not treated asap. I agree with getting him/her to a vet; be sure to mention the blackness when calling for the appt.

Best Wishes

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor thing, I agree, he probably has infection that has set in & definitely needs vet attention.
That's great you are getting him into a vets on friday. You can keep it clean right now & try
using raw, unpasteurized honey or Manuka honey on areas that look infected.
How is his appetite doing?
Let us know how the vet visit goes & when you can do post some pictures.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom