Odd behavior?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today after work I ran and got a uvb light and some meal worms for my little one I got this past Friday. He/she is only around 2 moths old. And so when I sat smallfry into his tank while doing some things around the house I came back to him/her frantically running around the tank And stopping in some awkward positions, example being under his branch but twisting his upper body onto the branch. Also having his head resting upon the glass. And to pair with that he/she also sometimes closes one or both eyes.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sounds like normal "glass dancing" behaviour to me! :)
Were the mealworms in sight of him while he was doing all this? All my dragons go a bit crazy when they see me getting them food. :lol:

-Brandon

IsaiahRedd

Original Poster
claudiusx":2xrj969u said:
Sounds like normal "glass dancing" behaviour to me! :)
Were the mealworms in sight of him while he was doing all this? All my dragons go a bit crazy when they see me getting them food. :lol:

-Brandon
No I keep the food out of sight so it doesn’t tease or stress him. Is it anything to worry about or is he just being an energetic little thing?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
No, I wouldn't worry! I'd be more worried if a little guy didn't have that kind of energy. :D

If you want, we can go over your setup with you to make sure there isn't any issues in your husbandry. But really, what you described is totally normal. :)

-Brandon

IsaiahRedd

Original Poster
claudiusx":cbnsqurr said:
No, I wouldn't worry! I'd be more worried if a little guy didn't have that kind of energy. :D

If you want, we can go over your setup with you to make sure there isn't any issues in your husbandry. But really, what you described is totally normal. :)

-Brandon
Well there is definitely a few issues with my setup but being a teenager working fast food money’s a bit tight. I’m definitely working on it ever pay check.
But anyways I have a 10 gallon tank (I have a 50 gallon I’m looking at currently) a uvb light that is a coil ( I have been notified of the harm they cause), substrate is reptile carpet, I have a branch and a hide on his basking side and two bowls on the other. I also have a rock from outside I sterilized. Could any of this be a reason? Also I think I may have found the culprit. I have some crickets that where hiding in his tank which may have stressed him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom