TV preferences?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a story, and a question for you all!

My beardie Cheeto Puff is in a new place in my new apartment. He'a in the main room now, and he really enjoys watching TV! His basking spot is set up in a way (unintentionally, but I'm leaving it) that he can bask and watch, which he has started doing a lot.

A few days ago, my friends and I decided to watch Castlevania. I was a little concerned the aggressive noises would be scary, but he watched with us just fine!

However, the next morning, my roommate was playing Breath of the Wild, and he was really upset, showing his beard and flattening until I moved over and got his attention. We thought it was the level maybe - there were bird people flying around, and seeing out windows terrifies him because of birds. But no, she's played several times since the soft pastels and music is just soupsetting - but screaming, sharp cuts, and growling isn't.

Has anyone else seen preferences from their beardie of what they like? I think Cheeto likes watching red colored things on TV - Castlevania is red, and he watched when I played video games that have very reddish color schemes and went away when I switched to locations that aren't.

Bonus picture: he sat like this for well over an hour just watching the TV. Lol
0sgWkkgr.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
HippieLizards":2k6k4s5q said:
My dragons all seem to take an interest in watching X files with me on my shoulder, And Loki will stare like this at me when im drawing and watching Sherlock or my other shows. :lol: View media item 60451
Is that a fake Loki in the background sizing up the real Loki? Talk about some x-files stuff.... LOL

-Brandon

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
LOL! Yeah pretty much, That fake dragon in the background was given to me and now Loki sleeps with/on it every night. lol

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Mine watches Pokemon (which I have to endure...not a bad show I grew up with the first few generations), any Jurassic Park/World movies (he loves the t rex though in the third movie he hissed at the spinosaurus), some anime I can't name them all and most Marvel movies but a favorite is Avengers. He seems to like Doctor Who Im not sure though.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
I don't know offhand how good their sense of smell is. :?

Possible they're picking up a scent you give off watching certain programming/shows?
Dogs sure can/do! :)

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Jay0818":ip8kfita said:
I have a story, and a question for you all!

My beardie Cheeto Puff is in a new place in my new apartment. He'a in the main room now, and he really enjoys watching TV! His basking spot is set up in a way (unintentionally, but I'm leaving it) that he can bask and watch, which he has started doing a lot.

A few days ago, my friends and I decided to watch Castlevania. I was a little concerned the aggressive noises would be scary, but he watched with us just fine!

However, the next morning, my roommate was playing Breath of the Wild, and he was really upset, showing his beard and flattening until I moved over and got his attention. We thought it was the level maybe - there were bird people flying around, and seeing out windows terrifies him because of birds. But no, she's played several times since the soft pastels and music is just soupsetting - but screaming, sharp cuts, and growling isn't.

Has anyone else seen preferences from their beardie of what they like? I think Cheeto likes watching red colored things on TV - Castlevania is red, and he watched when I played video games that have very reddish color schemes and went away when I switched to locations that aren't.

Bonus picture: he sat like this for well over an hour just watching the TV. Lol
0sgWkkgr.jpg
Man we need to start cutting all the screen time our beardies are getting

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Actually , I think it's beneficial for them , it provides them with an enriched and mentally stimulating environment, some people even have fish tanks where their dragons can see the fish swimming about.

Peach

Hatchling Member
I have an aquarium right beside Bleu's tank and he spends a lot of time watching them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom