Droopy eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smorn

105982-807414633.jpg
Hi I'm a new beardie owner. Ive had Clyde for about 3 months now. He is shedding right now so i gave him a bath to help with the shedding process. Upon this i noticed what I think is droopy eyes but im not sure if it is droopy eyes since im still quite new to being a beardie mom. He's acting his usual self; eating, sleeping, basking etc but i just wanted confirmation if this is droopy eyes and should take him to the vet or its just how beardie dragons usually look. Anything would help. Im just worried

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Can you take a side pic of his eye? What substrate do you have him on?
Karrie

Smorn

Original Poster
Code:
KarrieRee":1k806j7p said:
Can you take a side pic of his eye? What substrate do you have him on?
Karrie

I have him on carpet substrate. Not sure how to upload pictures again.

Smorn

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1ogtfwik said:
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at top of message box
So he wouldnt have gotten anything in it? What kind of UVB are you using?
Karrie

105982-1580377231.jpg
Not sure what kind of uvb light because the sales person recommended us the light and we didnt think much amd didnt check what kind of light

Smorn

Original Poster
Smorn":2csl9czh said:
KarrieRee":2csl9czh said:
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at top of message box
So he wouldnt have gotten anything in it? What kind of UVB are you using?
Karrie

105982-1580377231.jpg
Not sure what kind of uvb light because the sales person recommended us the light and we didnt think much amd didnt check what kind of light

105982-2996434886.jpg
This is same picture but with flash

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Is it a coil or tube ??????????????? Look on the bulb if its a tube--- UVB's can cause eye issues but we need to know what kind it is--- and where in the tank is it??? On the screen or inside the tank? Please dont listen to the pet store people they do not know what they are talking most of the time -- I see a red hue-- is there a colored bulb ???
Karrie

Smorn

Original Poster
KarrieRee":26dz8z28 said:
Is it a coil or tube ??????????????? Look on the bulb if its a tube--- UVB's can cause eye issues but we need to know what kind it is--- and where in the tank is it??? On the screen or inside the tank? Please dont listen to the pet store people they do not know what they are talking most of the time -- I see a red hue-- is there a colored bulb ???
Karrie

Its a bulb and it's on top of the screen. The red hue is his night light. Thank you I will keep that in mind next time I go

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Please get rid of the red bulb--- it causes eye damage-- can lead to long term --- what kind of bulb for UVB ? A coil or tube? If your using a coil UVB that will also cause eye damage as well --- you need to replace it w/ a Reptisun tube 10.0--- T 5 or a T 8
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom