concerned about my babies health

Status
Not open for further replies.

randall31

Original Poster
105848-9696698877.jpg

It's barely cracked open, but it's been like that almost all day. When I took the picture he was sleeping since it's light out. ( the white stuff is panacure.) he's a hot mess right now.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Can you review your tank setup for us, such as the type/brand of UVB lighting, the diet he is on
as well as the temperatures in the tank & supplementation so we can be sure it is all correct.
He is currently on Panacur right now? How many treatments does he have remaining?

Tracie

randall31

Original Poster
-Basking area ranges from 98-110 (different areas of the rock are different temps)
-Cool side of the tank is 79 degrees.
-Humidity is 40% (having an issue with the humidity being high sometimes at 50%)
-Basking light is zoo med 100W
-UVB is zoo med reptisun 10.0

Recently moved the UVB light to inside of the cage 6-8 inch distance as directed here in this thread.

We offer him his salads daily which consist of either Collards greens, mustard greens, dandelion greens sweet peppers, carrots, bok choy. Recently have been putting some fresh mint to see if that would entice him to eat some of the salad. He will take a leaf of one of the proffered greens here and there but other wise doesn't show any interest. He does LOVE blueberries as snacks, but heard that its not ideal for them to eat blueberries often.

Every other day he gets offered discoid roaches (gut loaded with the veggies and greens listed above as well as the fulkers high calcium crickit diet.)
The roaches get dusted each time we offer them with Rep-Cal Calcium with vit. d3
once a week we sprinkle the rep-cal Herptivite multivitamins on to the salads.
since hes not really eating the salad, we have been adding the multi vitamin into the dusting of the roaches.

He has two more doses left of the panacur.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your boy doing today?
Great to hear that you did move your UVB light to the inside of the tank. Since he is an adult,
he wont need a lot of insects but still does need the protein.
How many insects does he eat weekly, estimated?
A good balance is hard but know with some getting them to eat greens, etc is challenging!
Blueberries are ok, in moderation, very healthy. Fruit can be given a few times per week,
no problem.
He could just be slown down some, like so many do this time of year. It is almost time for him
to get a fecal recheck, so if it comes back good you could probably let him rest some, that is
assuming he isn't showing any signs of illness.

Tracie

randall31

Original Poster
Hi Traci,

He's doing a lot better! Acting a little more lively and moving around. Thank goodness.

He usually eats about 10-15 med to large roaches a week.(we offer them until he snubs his nose and refuses them) Still refuses to touch his salads. But we got some squash and pea baby food that he enjoys eating via syringe. About 3ccs worth. We are trying to get as much veggies in his system. I wonder if he's acting this way because he has the meat sweats. :)

He goes back to the vet on the 16th so hopefully no more worms!

Here he is pretty chunky for someone who doesn't eat much.

105848-1764932308.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's great he is looking better today & was up & around some. :D He looks good also. They
sure can be stubborn about eating their greens, it can get frustrating. Keep trying with him on
it, but at least he will eat syringed veggies right now.
Let us know how the vet visit goes then, are you getting another fecal done at that time?
That amount sounds pretty good since the dubias are large. It should be enough protein, he
looks to be fine on his weight.

Tracie

randall31

Original Poster
I just wanted to give an update. Little man had his recheck visit today and the vet was very pleased with how alert he was this time around. She however didn’t do a fecal recheck? I’m not sure why but maybe because he seems so much better? The only thing that is concerning now is the orangeish red spots he has forming on his tail. He had them when I first brought him in three weeks ago and she said it looked like a bacterial infection and suggested using iodine on it. I did that, however they did not go away. Only seemed to get darker, almost red in color and a little bigger. She said she’s stumped and will do some research and will call me if she finds anything. She also offers to do a biopsy on one. I decided to hold off on that for now because we are going out of town soon and didn’t want to miss not being around for the recovery of that. Also I wanted to check with you all since you’ve been so helpful, and see if maybe one of you have come across something like this? I will try and get a good picture of the spots. All the ones I have are poor quality no one would be able to tell what In the world they are looking at.

Side note I did ask the vet if it looked like he had mites and that’s what the discoloration was and she said no. So that’s a relief.

Edit**
here's the best I can do photo wise.
105848-8805988538.jpg

105848-9932421064.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am glad the vet visit went well. I too, am surprised that a fecal recheck wasn't done, that is
odd!
I agree, those spots are not mites thankfully. They often develop pigmentation changes when
they shed or grow older. I doubt that it is really anything to be concerned about though. It is
basically kind of like a freckle, I suppose.
Overall, she is doing better now?

Keep us posted on her.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom