HELP!! JUVENILE BEARDED DRAGON FELL ON TILE IM CRYING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haechan

I was holding my sweet 5-6 month old bearded dragon, Kiko, and I was standing doing so. She kept walking so I used my hands as stairs, I guess you could say, because she wouldn't stop. Well she started going faster and she fell really hard ON TILE! She landed on her back, tummy facing up and I quickly put her back. I was crying a lot she is so precious to me
When I put her back upright, she was kind of just laying there, kinda frozen? Like she didn't move.
I picked her up and gave her some worms after comforting her a bit and she seemed fine. Though, her beard did get pretty dark as well as the underside of her. She can move all her legs properly and she is no longer dark.
I am just worried that there may be something wrong or something I'm not able to see. I'm worried. And Vets aren't cheap.
Please help :(

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How is the dragon doing? I read your post last nite and was hoping some one had responded --- I am thinking you should take him in and have him xrayed just to make sure nothing internally is going on --- you can call the vet and ask what the charges would be for an x ray -- office call ---
Karrie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Being only 5 or 6 months old will work in her favour as she's quite light cf a full grown adult bearded dragon so the actual force of the impact will be much less .

The fall likely knocked the wind out of her and stunned her .

Keep an eye on her and if she starts to BB or starts crawling about oddly or not using some of her legs , or has blood in her poo , or coming from her nose or mouth , these are signs she's got a serious injury and needs urgent vet attention.
Will not hurt to ask a vet to give her a good thorough physical examination and take some x-rays.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor baby, it most likely stunned her, which caused her to turn dark & not move much. It might
have knocked the wind out of her partially.
A vet visit might be a good idea to be sure nothing is broken. Just watch for her starting to limp
or favor a certain leg or arm, lethargic behavior, blood in the stool & decreased appetite.
It sounds like she will be ok.

Tracie

Haechan

Original Poster
KarrieRee":839myjny said:
How is the dragon doing? I read your post last nite and was hoping some one had responded --- I am thinking you should take him in and have him xrayed just to make sure nothing internally is going on --- you can call the vet and ask what the charges would be for an x ray -- office call ---
Karrie

She's doing alright, eating well and walking alright! But just in case, I've called the vet and will be getting her checked on :)

Haechan

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":kacsorgf said:
Being only 5 or 6 months old will work in her favour as she's quite light cf a full grown adult bearded dragon so the actual force of the impact will be much less .

The fall likely knocked the wind out of her and stunned her .

Keep an eye on her and if she starts to BB or starts crawling about oddly or not using some of her legs , or has blood in her poo , or coming from her nose or mouth , these are signs she's got a serious injury and needs urgent vet attention.
Will not hurt to ask a vet to give her a good thorough physical examination and take some x-rays.

Thank you! I am taking her to the vet just in case :) I'll be sure to update you all :D

Haechan

Original Poster
Drache613":u687sak9 said:
Hello,

Poor baby, it most likely stunned her, which caused her to turn dark & not move much. It might
have knocked the wind out of her partially.
A vet visit might be a good idea to be sure nothing is broken. Just watch for her starting to limp
or favor a certain leg or arm, lethargic behavior, blood in the stool & decreased appetite.
It sounds like she will be ok.

Tracie

I am taking her to the vet just in case :) Thank you for your concern~

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's good she is doing well. I'm glad you will take her in to get her checked to be sure there
aren't any internal issues going on. Let us know how she is doing. I hope she will continue
to not have any problems.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Just checking on your little dragon to be sure he is still doing alright!

Tracie

Haechan

Original Poster
Drache613":pd3bfxo3 said:
Hello,

Just checking on your little dragon to be sure he is still doing alright!

Tracie
I deeply apologize for the merging wait! She is doing amazing :) the vet said she’s doing just fine and not to worry, she was jus my stunned! Thank you for asking :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Thanks for the great update! I am so glad that she is doing well & was not injured, either. :D
Let us know if you need anything.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom