Runny poop help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! my bearded dragon is about 6 years old. he was rehomed to me about 5 or 6 months ago. Everything has been going well with him so far but we noticed the past few times he has pooed it has been really runny. He is pooping normally about 3 maybe 4 times a week like he always had. his poop doesn't smell insanely bad like people say if they have a parasite so im just worried. today he had a lot of small veggies in his watery poop ( Im pretty sure it was carrots)… I feed him about 50 crickets a week or 30 worms a week, sometimes I mix it up. at first I had a REALLY hard time getting him to eat veggies to I stopped feeding him his protein everyday and would feed him it about every other day. i feed him a lot of veggies and now he eats SO MANY veggies but maybe am I feeding him to many veggies and not enough protein and that's why its so runny? he eats one to two salads a day. also he is kind of shedding right now maybe that has something to do with it?
- basking point is 95-103 degrees
- cool point 81
- humidity is 35-40 %
- Fresh veggies/fruit I feed him
squash, zucchini, basil, bell peppers, carrots, peeled cucumbers, peeled apples,blueberries.

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Hello there! Welcome to the forum. This sale thing happened with my brother's beardie when I was watching her. She loves greens and I gave her more greens than she normally are and she had runny poo too. I would just add more protein back in his diet to help balance out the greens. Also, just to ask, what kind of lighting setup do you have for your guy? That also affects digestion. Plays a big important role in it. Basking points and cool points sound fine. But what is your lighting? Are you using a tube light for the UVB or a coil bulb?

Hope your little guy's tummy gets better!

Vanessa

Laurenmatthews111111

Original Poster
Hey thanks for the reply! Im pretty sure its a repti 10.0 uvb bulb. How ever I am honestly unsure how old the light its self is. and yeah I agree I also think maybe just not enough protein I will start giving him around 10 crickets a day from now on then i will post an update and see if it looks better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom