Probiotics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, Spike is currently on medication as his fecal sample confirmed he has worms. Iv read that it's a good idea to give them probiotics.....can anyone tell me if this is correct. And if so, what are they called in the UK? Unable to find Acidophiliz+, seems to only be in US.
Kayleigh.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
It would help if you could provide links so we might be able to evaluate the credibility of the source.
A lot of what I see when googling probiotics for bearded dragons is sites selling something, which tends to put me on guard.

As far as finding them, try googling probiotics UK :wink: (Not an endorsement)

Same with Acidophiliz+ UK. It shows up available via Amazon UK (Likewise) :wink:

Kayleigh1985

Original Poster
MrSpectrum":2epgqfpl said:
It would help if you could provide links so we might be able to evaluate the credibility of the source.
A lot of what I see when googling probiotics for bearded dragons is sites selling something, which tends to put me on guard.

As far as finding them, try googling probiotics UK :wink: (Not an endorsement)

Same with Acidophiliz+ UK. It shows up available via Amazon UK (Likewise) :wink:
I read it on this website on the care sheet for treating bearded dragon with parasites. Def cant get Acidophiliz+ in UK. Looked everywhere!
105767-8156076902.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That should be helpful. Unfortunately Acidophiliz+ is no longer produced (anywhere as far as I know). Non dairy/soy yogurt with Lactobacillus Acidophilus should work though and is widely available.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
CooperDragon":17i80x6f said:
Unfortunately Acidophiliz+ is no longer produced (anywhere as far as I know).
That explains why I couldn't find out what was in it besides Acidophilus. Not sure I could have anyway since it was (ostensibly) not for human consumption.

In searching for an alternative available in The UK, I did find this:
https://www.livefoods.co.uk/vetark-....html?osCsid=a098a64cc7f17cf300986d4c70c31d41
(Ignore the picture of the dogs--read the description)
by searching for substitute for Acidophiliz+ UK

Hope this helps

Kayleigh1985

Original Poster
MrSpectrum":sug9g8us said:
CooperDragon":sug9g8us said:
Unfortunately Acidophiliz+ is no longer produced (anywhere as far as I know).
That explains why I couldn't find out what was in it besides Acidophilus. Not sure I could have anyway since it was (ostensibly) not for human consumption.

In searching for an alternative available in The UK, I did find this:
https://www.livefoods.co.uk/vetark-....html?osCsid=a098a64cc7f17cf300986d4c70c31d41
(Ignore the picture of the dogs--read the description)
by searching for substitute for Acidophiliz+ UK

Hope this helps
Thanks, your a star, kayleigh.

Kayleigh1985

Original Poster
CooperDragon":fx1i2z9h said:
That should be helpful. Unfortunately Acidophiliz+ is no longer produced (anywhere as far as I know). Non dairy/soy yogurt with Lactobacillus Acidophilus should work though and is widely available.
Thanks love, kayleigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom