Tail/foot rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardeddragon03

My bearded dragon's tail has started to turn white at its tip and on his feet. Im not sure if this is tail rot or just somthing happening naturally. Im new to bearded dragons and have only had him under a month. Is this tail rot?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds more like a shed is coming on.That's totally normal for them and young ones will shed pretty frequently. If you want to post some photos I can double check for you though. You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button when you reply.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What is the substrate you have in the tank ? I would look at getting rid of it due to impaction issues-- you can use textured non adhesive shelf liner from Home Depot or Lowes etc..... its cheap and easy to clean - vinegar / water in a spray bottle 50/50--
Karrie

Beardeddragon03

Original Poster
It just wood chiplings that pets at home recommended and at the time i wasnt sure what substrate to get so i went with their recommendation

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Definitely looks like shed to me. I'd imagine by now it probably looks a bit more grey/white? :)

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom