Got the bug again, Does petsmart still do their $1/gal sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigD16

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Petco currently has their 40 gallon terrarium at a pretty good discount in my area. I haven't decided on a beardie yet.. I'm still shopping around. Can anybody tell me anything or have any personal experience with "Spice Dragons"?

Martadragon017

Hatchling Member
I don't really have any experience with Spice Dragons, but I've heard good things about them. I would also recommend keeping an eye on what's on Craigslist around your area, I got my 75 gallon for $75 and it was in great condition once it was cleaned.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
BigD16":bbbv0a6j said:
I've been keeping my eye on the 40 gallons for sale near me via craigslist and I'm well aware of what they cost and that they do hold their value if they stay in tact w/o any cracks or damage to them, However my biggest problem I'm facing right now is a large majority of the people selling their terrariums on craigslist, my local 4sale site, and facebook, they're all asking close to retail price for their tanks. If I'm going to pay retail for a 40 gallon terrarium I may as well go brand new and not second hand.

If it were me, I'd think I'd contact the second-hand folks and tell them just that (and remind/inform them of the Pet- sales and invite them to check it out for themselves)--they may be receptive to a lesser reasonable offer, especially if they're not getting any nibbles at their asking prices. :wink:

I can't recall the exact quote/saying, but it essentially says "It's a fair deal when both sides walk away feeling stiffed" (or something like that).

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
BigD16":9i03c6ld said:
If I'm going to pay retail for a 40 gallon terrarium I may as well go brand new and not second hand.

I agree with you there. My 2cents worth, as a newbie who just bought a tank, is to order from Petco online and then have it delivered to your local store for pickup. You'll save 10% or more on the shelf prices that way, plus no shipping charges; the 40B setup I just got was something like $116 in the store, but $93 online. Just bought a cricket shaker yesterday - same thing, $15 on the shelf, $11 when bought online. And Petco does do their buck a gallon sales more often than Petsmart; I think they're due for one soon.

~Chris

possumpeg

My local Petco has the Zilla Critter Cage, 40 Gallon for sale at 50% off with petco card which would be a little over $31. In stores only.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
possumpeg":33snylbd said:
My local Petco has the Zilla Critter Cage, 40 Gallon for sale at 50% off with petco card which would be a little over $31. In stores only.

Oh, man! I just bought that, too - figures it was just before it went on sale. :oops:

BigD16

Juvie Member
Original Poster
$31? That sounds like an incredible deal! I'm actually going out black friday shopping tomorrow (I know, What's wrong with me) but I'm hoping I might get lucky and snag a 40 gallon at a decent price. I will also keep in mind what's been mentioned about buying second hand and see if I can't come across or make a deal with someone who has been sitting on a tank for awhile and just wants to move it at this point.

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
BigD16":11h1tl43 said:
$31? That sounds like an incredible deal! I'm actually going out black friday shopping tomorrow (I know, What's wrong with me) but I'm hoping I might get lucky and snag a 40 gallon at a decent price. I will also keep in mind what's been mentioned about buying second hand and see if I can't come across or make a deal with someone who has been sitting on a tank for awhile and just wants to move it at this point.
black friday sales :wink:

Has anyone heard of the Biodude? His set ups are like $300 but it has everything you need. Plus you never have to clean the cage again! It's like them living out in the wild for real yet they get best of both worlds. Considering all health issues these guys can have I'm considering buying. My girl has some round spot on her belly I'm concerned with. Shes been to exotic vet but I'm not impressed. I've have my beardie for many years. Just new to this site. I go on amd read tons off here but just learning to post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom