Sleepy Lizard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! Brand new to this forum, and have a story to share.

My first bearded dragon is a bit over a year old. Lately he has gotten a lot more comfortable being brought out of his viv and being handled. Sometimes he isn't into it but mostly he's totally relaxed, even around other people (sometimes climbing onto them on the couch). He likes to run about the house but usually I'll wait till about an hour before lights off and he's super docile and often falls asleep on my lap or chest.

It is in this state of deep slumber that I've realized... when he's asleep, he is not helpful at all in the task of returning to his vivarium. I managed to peel him from my lap and walk towards his enclosure, but as I held him close to me he woke up and climbed up on my shoulders and around my neck. Now, I was by myself and couldn't reach around to grab him. I kept trying to coax him off onto the couch by tilting him slightly towards it, but he would turn around and climb to the other shoulder. It was kinda cute how much he wanted to cling onto me over all other options including returning to his tank, but eventually he crawled onto my arm and I was able to get him back home. I just hope he wasn't too annoyed, poor dude was just trying to sleep on my shoulder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom