Ouch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Iv officially had my first bearded dragon bite. Hand feeding spike a little bit of fruit and he bit the side of my hand while trying to get a piece of apple.....oh my god it really hurt! Wasnt expecting that haha!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, it doesn't feel good when they clamp down & bite! I hope you are alright. :D
I guess he really wanted that apple.

Tracie

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
My understanding from reading & vids :study: is that BD bites are not that big a deal; possibly, but not often, blood-drawing. Is this not so? Could those who've experienced it please elucidate (as objectively--if possible--as possible)?

Thanks

Kayleigh1985

Original Poster
When he was trying to get the apple he bit me instead on the side of the palm of my hand then tried again and bit exactly the same place. ? it honestly did hurt more than you would expect, maybe just because of where it was, and there was a tiny drop of blood where I think only one tooth broke the skin on my hand. The little tinker ?

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
How old is Spike?

I got bite once because I had to force my girl to take medicine at about 7 months old. She was lethargic from the parasites but I barely felt it. Also I have a high pain tolerance. She could probably get me a lot more now at a year old and big and strong

Kayleigh1985

Original Poster
Hiya DorgEndo.
Spike is approx 2 years old. We have had him nearly 2 weeks now. First bearded dragon I have ever owned. I think his bite was purely accidental as he was happily eating from my hand at the time but as I said before it was quite a shock! Haha
Kayleigh.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
To answer mrs spectrum, it's true that an accidental bite may not draw blood but can definitely do so. BUT, if a dragon is angry they can inflict a serious bite, although it's rare that they do it to their owners. They have powerful jaws and even young ones can bite off a siblings foot. Adults can do that as well and that means right through the bone. Strong jaws + powerful bites but they rarely use them to harm us. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom