HELP beardie squeaking, rusty brown runny poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momoffour

Original Poster
Thx diamc
I’ll be watching. How do I get the bulbs further away? I’m overwhelmed but up for doing my best for this little guy.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Lower the decor that hes sitting on or get a different decor for him to sit on ---- Petsmart has really nice stuff for bearded dragons it is spendy but easy to keep clean - most all of my decor has come from Pet Smart
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Momoffour":249e4b3v said:
Thx diamc
I’ll be watching. How do I get the bulbs further away? I’m overwhelmed but up for doing my best for this little guy.

You are doing fine dont worry! Just take it step by step, we will be here to help you. :D

I would just lower that branch so he can't get so high. Those digital thermometers you have don't have probe ends do they?

-Brandon

Momoffour

Original Poster
No they don’t have probes. Any link or picture of what I should get would be helpful. Thx for assisting.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Pretty much any digital with probe end you find at a petstore will work. They are relatively cheap now. Usually around 10 bucks. A very good investment. The probe allows you to get your actual basking temperature which is very important :)

-Brandon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, definitely try to get a digital probe thermometer or a temp gun so you can get a more
accurate reading of his temperatures.
He could have been too close to his basking, the humidity might have been too high or he also
could have ingested too large of insects perhaps. So he has not squeaked at all today?

Tracie

Momoffour

Original Poster
Do you keep the probe temperature gage in at all times? Yes the other temperature gage was about 6* off! ? I added the bulbs suggested and now my set up looks like this + probe temp. The guy I bought him from says he’s ready to breed?!? That seems weird & everyone was worried here ??‍♀️

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You can. I dont usually. At least not for the basking site as it usually gets simply sat on or knocked off lol.
So what is the probe saying your surface temp is?

Hes definitely not ready to breed.

-Brandon

Momoffour

Original Poster
Brandon
I’m not sure I’m doing this right. So do I just put the probe where he usually sits? To get a clear reading?

When it was up on the glass like the other temp it said 109* F now I put it on the bridge right below the light and it says 160* ??? This seems insane

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Put the probe where he would be basking. That will tell you the temperature he is exposed to while basking. If you're unsure, post a picture up of where you have it sitting currently. But it should just basically rest on the surface you want to measure. Give it 5 or 10 minutes too to settle.

-Brandon

Momoffour

Original Poster
with red light / uvb / basking light on
Basking bridge 140*
Under the basking bridge in top of log 110*

Should I remove the bridge??

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Did you get rid of the red bulb?????????? Please do if you havent - colored bulbs hurt their eyes and can cause long term eye damage ---- the basking spot needs to be 105-110 for a baby and 95-105 for an adult --- what ever he is sitting on at that spot -- so what ever decor is there for basking take it where he is sitting --- if its too hot you need to either raise the bulb or lower the decor hes sitting or lower the wattage of the bulb------------
Karrie

Momoffour

Original Poster
Karrie, red bulb was new as of today’s trip to the pet store: I’ve turned it off but everyone is telling me different things. He usually sits between at 110*

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You should not use a red bulb. Did the petstore tell you that?

I'm confused by your measurements. What does basking bridge mean. Do you mean there is a bridge type piece of furniture in your tank and it reaches 140?

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom