Ouch!

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Ouch!

Postby Kayleigh1985 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:56 am

So Iv officially had my first bearded dragon bite. Hand feeding spike a little bit of fruit and he bit the side of my hand while trying to get a piece of apple.....oh my god it really hurt! Wasnt expecting that haha!
Kayleigh1985
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Ouch!

Postby Drache613 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:52 pm

Hello,

Yes, it doesn't feel good when they clamp down & bite! I hope you are alright. :D
I guess he really wanted that apple.

Tracie
Drache613

Postby MrSpectrum » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:01 am

My understanding from reading & vids :study: is that BD bites are not that big a deal; possibly, but not often, blood-drawing. Is this not so? Could those who've experienced it please elucidate (as objectively--if possible--as possible)?

Thanks
MrSpectrum
Juvie Poster

Postby Kayleigh1985 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:25 am

When he was trying to get the apple he bit me instead on the side of the palm of my hand then tried again and bit exactly the same place. 🤣 it honestly did hurt more than you would expect, maybe just because of where it was, and there was a tiny drop of blood where I think only one tooth broke the skin on my hand. The little tinker 😁
Kayleigh1985
Newbie Poster

Postby DorgEndo » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:50 am

How old is Spike?

I got bite once because I had to force my girl to take medicine at about 7 months old. She was lethargic from the parasites but I barely felt it. Also I have a high pain tolerance. She could probably get me a lot more now at a year old and big and strong
DorgEndo
Hatchling Poster

Postby Kayleigh1985 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:02 pm

Hiya DorgEndo.
Spike is approx 2 years old. We have had him nearly 2 weeks now. First bearded dragon I have ever owned. I think his bite was purely accidental as he was happily eating from my hand at the time but as I said before it was quite a shock! Haha
Kayleigh.
Kayleigh1985
Newbie Poster

Postby AHBD » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:38 pm

To answer mrs spectrum, it's true that an accidental bite may not draw blood but can definitely do so. BUT, if a dragon is angry they can inflict a serious bite, although it's rare that they do it to their owners. They have powerful jaws and even young ones can bite off a siblings foot. Adults can do that as well and that means right through the bone. Strong jaws + powerful bites but they rarely use them to harm us. :)
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion