Greedy or just an average beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya, are BD's generally a bit greedy or is it just my Spike only had him 1 week, he is approx 2 years old. I feed him salad every morn then he has little bit hand fed at lunch time and I put fresh salad in at teatime. I give him few locusts every other day, little bit of fruit every couple days and he has few wax worms 1-2 times a week. But he eats like hes never been fed before lol! He currently on medicine as has worms, dont know if thats causing it or hes just a normal little piggy xxxxx

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Well it's a good sign that he has an appetite while on his meds! Sometimes the meds kill their appetites. :)

-Brandon

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Sounds typical of what I've seen on YT.
Depending on the type of worms, I can see how they might seem to make him hungry all the time.
The best indicators I know of are his weight (not too heavy--not too skinny), clear eyes, healthy skin, good activity level... that kind of thing.

Sounds like he's eating well! :laughing6:

Kayleigh1985

Original Poster
Aw great thanks. Well he seems fine in himself, I was worried he was skinny and malnourished when we got him but the vet said his weight was ok. Then the stool sample I gave vet showed worms ? he didn't say what kind. But his viv that he came in was minging and I dont think he was being fed the right food at all so I duno if hes just loving trying all the new stuff. Its week 1 and I already feel like his personal maid haha. I'm not really sure what his skin should look or feel like but vet didn't notice anything wrong with him so fingers crossed hes just fine, kayleigh.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Kayleigh1985":jl0dh6lu said:
What are you saying MrSpectrum? Haha! Do I need to accept the fact that I am 100% his personal maid? Lol!
Yup. Just like any cat-owner already knows! :mrgreen:

Former cat-owner (allergies)

Kayleigh1985

Original Poster
? haha! Well iv got a greyhound and her stomach is like a bottomless pit so I supposed I'm used to it lol
Kayleigh.

SPandS

Juvie Member
When I adopted/rescued one of my beardies last year she was the same way. The previous owner never fed her greens or veggies so when I first introduced her to them she was like a kid in a candy store and inhaled everything. When trying hand feeding because she was very skittish of hands so I wanted her to learn they were safe she would try to eat your hand if you weren't quick enough. Now she's like my other one and will eat her greens only when she's good and ready.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Kayleigh1985":1dlr3qa3 said:
Aw that's great. All I want is for him to be healthy and happy. I feel like all I do is worry about him ?

We all go through that! :laughing6:

-Brandon

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Kayleigh1985":2qgjt6mt said:
? haha! Well iv got a greyhound and her stomach is like a bottomless pit so I supposed I'm used to it lol
Kayleigh.
[OT]
My current Labbie is such a chowhound that he's grasped the concept of commerce. He must be "paid" for work done. If he's not, he'll park his butt in front of you and alternate looks between you and the nearest treat bowl (even when we switch them out or move them around--the nose knows!
If that doesn't work, he'll body-block you until payment for services rendered is forthcoming. :shock:
[/OT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom