Baby Bearded Dragon SLOW GROWTH/INACTIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdishon95

Hello,

I currently have many bearded dragons. Upwards of 12 adults, and 7 juvenile/babies. None of my babies are struggling accept for one.

Week after week I weigh, bathe, and clean their enclosures and monitor their progress and growth in charts in Excel. This baby is not growing, very inactive, and doesn't have an appetite at all. I have tried Emeraid/Flukers Reptaboost and nothing.

Enclosure set up:
Basking spot 110-115
T5HO Reptisun 10.0
ambient: Cool Side 80
Hot Side 95
Diet: Mustard/Collard Greens (untouched bc baby lol)
The occasional Hornworm
Dubia Roaches as Staple insect

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to speed this baby up, I don't want her to be a dwarf.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Is this the same setup as the other dragons? Is the runt in a tank with the others or does he/she have view of the others?

-Brandon

jdishon95

Original Poster
@Brandon,

No, the baby can't see others. It is housed alone. The dragons are in stack able enclosures along the same wall so they have no ability to view each other.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ok,

Sometimes there really are just runts in the clutch. If everything is the same as the other babies it's the only variable.

Pardo if these are very general suggestions that you might have tried already but I'll just throw them out there.
Have you tried some other feeders with her just to see if she is more interested in another bug?

How often are you trying to feed? I find sometimes that I can boost appetites tremendously with youngins by only offering live feeders once a day. They seem to go into more of a "want" to eat when they know if doesnt come as often. They still end up eating as many bugs as they would have with 2 or 3 feedings sometimes. But it's a trick you can try temporarily if she seems healthy enough.

Another thing that seems to help occasionally is sprinkling the food with bee pollen. I haven't tried this personally but others have stated it helps.

I suppose at this point you might want to look into getting a fecal done just to rule out parasites. If shes been stressed or sickly it's possible parasite counts have gotten too high and now is putting a strain on the body.

And lastly, you might consider an ADV test. Hopefully its negative as if its positive your whole colony would be infected too.

Anyways, those are all the suggestions I can come up with for now. But like I said, sometimes there really are just runts in the clutches.

Hope the little girl gets healthy for you.

-Brandon

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Some are genetically going to be slow growers even if you handfeed them every meal and house them in their own private tank and they never see or encounter another dragon.

So long as there is a consistant increase in body mass , I'd not worry . I'd be religiously weighing the dragons at the same time (before their first meal for the day) , once per week and keeping a graph of how they are each growing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom